Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashley keeping it real.(Portsmouth)
Look i've not been Ashleys biggest fan and he has to put a few things right for me to hail him.But what he has done is made sure this shit doesn't happen to us.....

Portsmouth are desperate to sell defender Tal Ben Haim with the player's £36,000-a-week salary threatening to send the club into liquidation.
There is a thin line between cost cutting for the sake of the club and bringing failure and cost cutting to bring success.
Only time will tell which of these is proven to be the case with Ashley.
It is very convenient to spout off about the new financial fair play rules and try to be seen as a shining example to all in football, when at the same time he is lining his own pockets.
There will always be a way around the fair play thing and it will never be a level playing field where we can all compete based on our income.
So in a few years, we will still be doing things on the cheap and winning nothing, while Chelsea and Man City spend shitloads but win everything on offer.

But then people will just say "at least we still have a football team blah fucking blah."
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
pompey are just days from going out of business claims the administrator today.
Would be a shame Gos. Always saw them as a "proper" club. Bit of a local community feel about them.
As you know, I had a relation who lived in Fratton, right next to the ground. Met some great lads down there who loved their team.
Will be a shame if this ends it all for them.
I can see similar situations though when some of the owners at the likes of Man City and Chelsea get bored with their "toys"
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(23-07-2012, 10:29 AM)SirLes9 Wrote: Would be a shame Gos. Always saw them as a "proper" club. Bit of a local community feel about them.
As you know, I had a relation who lived in Fratton, right next to the ground. Met some great lads down there who loved their team.
Will be a shame if this ends it all for them.
I can see similar situations though when some of the owners at the likes of Man City and Chelsea get bored with their "toys"

yeah it is a real shame for the fans but the club has been rotten to the core for years, ever since venables bought it for a quid and sold it for millions, people have come thru its doors and bled the club dry, never putting any long term investment in, I would be very angry if I was a pompey fan :aaagh:
Portsmouth fans at the training ground today handing out leaflets to players asking them to take a pay cut to save their club.The fans say it's down to them now to get down to the club and apply pressure on the players to take pay cuts because the club will go into liquidation in 2 weeks if they don't.
Really a terrible situation Portsmouth is in. I completely agree with your op Graham. I cant stand Fat Ash but we are def financially stable.
(23-07-2012, 02:21 PM)cg40k Wrote: Really a terrible situation Portsmouth is in. I completely agree with your op Graham. I cant stand Fat Ash but we are def financially stable.

Whey i thank you kind sir....we were heading that way with players on huge wages and no intention of moving on for less money.At least we have a young hungry squad trying to achieve things rather than journeymen who just want to bulk up their pension fund.