The Newcastle United Forum

Full Version: Wet spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Offered puddles £2m to loan Carroll for a season and another £15m next season to buy him.
(27-07-2012, 07:44 PM)Boydie Wrote: [ -> ]Offered puddles £2m to loan Carroll for a season and another £15m next season to buy him.

to but him??

must be nolan talking LOL!LOL!
I've edited it Gos ,but as for Nolan,he'd play a big part in getting him there and he'd be music to hippo heeds ears,launching missiles upfield for the big lad missing out the midfield.:hair:
first team footy every week as well, fat sam would build around carroll
Why am I one of the few who thinks, fuck it, let them buy him ffs, £17 - £20m? I mean, c'mon ffs, are we all suffering a Star Trek Est Group Dillusion/Mass Histeria event? He was good, at best, competant possibly. But that was in a side built around his ability, geared up to work to his limits. He's moved an in the following 12 mths, played little or no football an stagnated at best, gone backwards in his career development an is in my view 1 step up from Shola, an you all know my Views on Mr Ameobi already. We're a completely different side to the one he left, more dynamic,, more pace, more guile.

Why would we spend £17m on a dynosaur? A Relic of our recent past? After all, he's not in a league of his own, he's an also Ran, an a millstone. In the words of Top Dollar in the Crow.

"Time to move on! It's all been done before, you see what I'm sayin'? "
I hear ya Dave and agree mostly,but what he gives a team is so different to anything we have at present like you said we don't play that way anymore.But think of this,we're playing in Europe and we are away from home not wanting to commit to many bodies going forward and we've got 15 mins left and it's 0-0.We could then introduce Carroll who would throw the other team as he's a new dimension and could win us the game.A plan "B" if ya like.
In answer to you Graham, we have Shola, an Ba who can both play target men. £17m for a one dimmensional plan of attack seems fanciful at best but more a complete waste of money. I have said many times before, an will continue to bang the drum, we need a player in the mould of Bellamy, or Dyer, Fast, nimble (When they're not on the Medical couch).

I saw it posted the other day, a fanciful thread saying, Tevez could be available. Yes, he's pricey, yes he's a disruptive influence, he is a law unto himself. But he is exactly the Style, not kind of Player we should be blowing almost £20m on. Not, a lumbering, one dimensional neanderthal, who's only driving ambition, is his pay slip everyweek! I don't know of a player currently who fits that mould, but thats where our Scout needs to weave his magic.
I hear ya Dave but that's what Benny is supposed to do.
It's also funny but i find Cisse is quite a lot like Andy Cole and with Benny and Ba we don't seem to play that way you'd like now Dave with a target man and a busy player around him.We seem to play as a 3 instead of a 2 which is a different set up.
I would like to see him back home but not at the prices being tossed around. Why not leave it for 2 more seasons and go for him with a year left on his contract the bin dippers would have to deal or lose him for nowt the followin year, it's pie in the sky I know but it's just a thought
(28-07-2012, 09:17 AM)Milburn11 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see him back home but not at the prices being tossed around. Why not leave it for 2 more seasons and go for him with a year left on his contract the bin dippers would have to deal or lose him for nowt the followin year, it's pie in the sky I know but it's just a thought

Not a bad shout at all Phil,we might not be serious at all about him,we may just be poking the hornets nest to cause a bit of mischief.We've told them what we'd pay for him and i don't think we'd budge on that and the closer it gets to the deadline they would rather have him off their hands.I personally don't think we'd splash that sort of cash if we keep a hold of Ba.I suppose it's a case of watch this space.
Pages: 1 2