The Newcastle United Forum

Full Version: Modric
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spurs have confirmed Modric has returned to training after being fined.FFS if i ran a club and a player was doing this shit for a move i'd make him suffer until Jan at least,he's contracted to a club he should turn up for training.I'd be resigned to the fact he was gonna leave but i'd have my games as well.The odd game for the reserves etc.
he's been wanting to leave since last summer, he's had to endure another season of no champions leagues footy
It's just dawned on him he's playing for little Tottenham....

He hadn't realised the stigma that went with that LOL!
Because there are limits to how much you can fine a player, they really couldn't give a toss.
So he's on 50k a week and you fine him a months wages.
When he gets his other 2.2 million for the season is he really that bothered?
Clubs have very little holding power over a player these days.
If they stick him in the reserves and don't play him, his value will drop and they lose out again.
Pretty much a win win situation for the players every time.
same reason we wouldn't have put Carroll in reserves if he didn't move to puddles really.

I believe a player by the name of debuchy is doing something similar
(24-07-2012, 09:17 AM)Pazman Wrote: [ -> ]same reason we wouldn't have put Carroll in reserves if he didn't move to puddles really.

I believe a player by the name of debuchy is doing something similar

According to Lille there is no problem with Debuchy. They say it wasn't a big issue him not being there on Monday.
However, HBA did a similar thing when he wanted to sign for us and even came over here to secure his move.