Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Guilty
You're probably right mate. We'll never find out though. Pretty sick management if they did know all along though.
Some of the detail here

What a plonker

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ada...pp-7359991
(12-02-2016, 11:19 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: You're probably right mate. We'll never find out though. Pretty sick management if they did know all along though.

Interesting development on this score today.

When questioned about it by the prosecution, Johnson has said he told Margaret Byrne, the Makem chief exec or whatever she is (high up role anyway) all about it. he told her he had been arrested, that he had kissed an under age girl and that he had been sexually aroused.
Not just here say this either, it's his words.

How would that reflect on that lot if proved to be true?

A funny bit, though maybe it shouldn't be in this case, is when he was asked why he had a picture with his cock oot on his phone.
He said it was so he could send it to his doctor.
I mean really!
Who ever sends pictures like that to their doctor?
If you have a problem with it, God forbid, you go and see them in person.

You don't send a picture from your phone saying "can you do owt with this?" Just so wrong on so many levels.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
A mackem at work told me that sunlun had an option of claiming £1m in compensation from Johnson for breaches in his contract over this case. They decided not to follow this through which tells me that they knew all about what he had done yet decided to keep playing him to get as much out of him on the pitch as they could.....Despicable club.
(23-02-2016, 03:15 PM)Boydie Wrote: A mackem at work told me that sunlun had an option of claiming £1m in compensation from Johnson for breaches in his contract over this case. They decided not to follow this through which tells me that they knew all about what he had done yet decided to keep playing him to get as much out of him on the pitch as they could.....Despicable club.

I would doubt very much that there is anything in the rules to stop them doing it so they will not face any reprisals.

But surely common sense should have prevailed here and they should have suspended him on moral grounds.
Even if the case turns out in his favour, highly unlikely I know, they have left themselves wide open to accusations of putting money before morals and common decency.

Lets assume they stay up by a couple of points. How does that leave the club who finish 3rd bottom, possibly us, knowing the part he has played in keeping them up?
No doubt he played a part last season as well given that the case was originally brought around March 2015.

Despicable actions by the club IF his statements are true.
I would bet that Margaret Byrne will take it all on herself and resign, thus protecting the rest of the club from further allegations.
Only they could have such shit going on and still come out smelling of roses.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(23-02-2016, 03:24 PM)SirLes9 Wrote:
(23-02-2016, 03:15 PM)Boydie Wrote: A mackem at work told me that sunlun had an option of claiming £1m in compensation from Johnson for breaches in his contract over this case. They decided not to follow this through which tells me that they knew all about what he had done yet decided to keep playing him to get as much out of him on the pitch as they could.....Despicable club.

I would doubt very much that there is anything in the rules to stop them doing it so they will not face any reprisals.

But surely common sense should have prevailed here and they should have suspended him on moral grounds.
Even if the case turns out in his favour, highly unlikely I know, they have left themselves wide open to accusations of putting money before morals and common decency.

Lets assume they stay up by a couple of points. How does that leave the club who finish 3rd bottom, possibly us, knowing the part he has played in keeping them up?
No doubt he played a part last season as well given that the case was originally brought around March 2015.

I would bet that Margaret Byrne will take it all on herself and resign, thus protecting the rest of the club from further allegations.
Only they could have such sh*t going on and still come out smelling of roses.

If it was us the local and national press would massacre us and we aren't even a big club remember
(23-02-2016, 08:40 PM)Paranoid Pedro Wrote:
(23-02-2016, 03:24 PM)SirLes9 Wrote:

Only they could have such sh*t going on and still come out smelling of roses.

If it was us the local and national press would massacre us and we aren't even a big club remember

I think the press are playing the clubs part down until the case has finished.
All they are reporting right now is Johnsons part in all of this.

I would guess though, that once the case is over, they will rip in to SAFC if they believe they have done anything wrong.
As someone said last night though, Johnson is being proved to be a liar so why would anyone believe anything he says about telling the club hierarchy.
Once again letting the low lifes off the hook.
Do you think the horrible cunts who run our club would have behaved any differently? Look at the way they treated Jonas when he had cancer.

Morals in football? No such thing. Morality died when they started surviving on the sky money.
(24-02-2016, 10:27 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: Do you think the horrible cnuts who run our club would have behaved any differently? Look at the way they treated Jonas when he had cancer.

Morals in football? No such thing. Morality died when they started surviving on the sky money.

Probably not, but fortunately we aren't in that position.
Our owner has never been one to put anything before money, but would anyone within the club tell him what was actually happening in such a case?
That appears to have been what's happened down there. Margaret Byrne is the one said to have had the discussions with Johnson, but would she then relay the conversations on to Short?
My guess would be that if it was one of our players, it would be discussed between McClaren and Charnley and would stay between them.
I would love to think that someone would take the moral high ground on this, but sadly that is not generally the case when so much money is at risk.
The phrase "money is the route to all evil" has never been so apt.
The judge is summing up the evidence to the jury today.

I've done jury service before and you are told that you need to listen to the judge's summing up as it will "advise" you as to how to find the accused person.
Well if that is the case, reading the summing up here suggests to me that the judge would hang the fucker.
Certainly seems to be pointing the jury quite forcibly for a guilty verdict.

Maybe there is still more to come where he gives the other side of the argument but there is very little to suggest that he is siding with Johnson.