Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Sam Affect
He's doing it again

Getting results even with shit players

Wonder where we'd be now if Mikey hadn't sacked him?

huh?
i think sam would have steadied the ship for us given enough time .wasnt great to watch at times but it wasnt under souness ,carver ,pardew and many others .
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Getting results with shit players is far easier when you seem to get the rub of the green on the majority of decisions and tend to only win games against 10 men.

Last night they were apparently unlucky with the penalty decision.
they then get a player sent off again for the opposition, struggle against 10 men but eventually go ahead with a very blatant off side goal.

Not just being bitter here, just stating facts about the "Big Sam effect"
The same effect that saw them totally battered by us with 11 men only to see us reduced to 10 and get back in to the game.

I don't care one bit if he MAY have turned us in to a difficult to beat/play against team. Eventually he gets found out and has done at every club he's "graced"
He may well keep the Makems up but he won't take them far.
His methods are from the dark ages and too many teams are wise to that now.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
They have a prolific goalscorer and we don't. Defoe makes an enormous difference to them. Without him, they would be much closer to Villa in terms of points.
all sam will ever do is steady the ship at any club .no more than that
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Defoe isn't prolific and never has been. His best return is 18 league goals which he has done twice (1999/2000 for Bournemouth, 2009/2010 for Spuds). However he scores in bursts, which could keep them up. His usual return is about 10 a season on average. Could still be enough to keep them up if he goes on a run.

Hippo heed is a dinosaur but his methods are proven and he is capable of keeping teams mid table. Out of the three teams in the relegation zone I recon Sunderland will show the most fight and will probably survive. Our only hope is having a cracking Jan/Feb and playing our way out of it before it goes to a dogfight. If we are still down here by March I just don't see enough fight in our team to keep us up.
(14-01-2016, 01:38 PM)SirLes9 Wrote: Getting results with sh*t players is far easier when you seem to get the rub of the green on the majority of decisions and tend to only win games against 10 men.

Last night they were apparently unlucky with the penalty decision.
they then get a player sent off again for the opposition, struggle against 10 men but eventually go ahead with a very blatant off side goal.

Not just being bitter here, just stating facts about the "Big Sam effect"
The same effect that saw them totally battered by us with 11 men only to see us reduced to 10 and get back in to the game.

I don't care one bit if he MAY have turned us in to a difficult to beat/play against team. Eventually he gets found out and has done at every club he's "graced"
He may well keep the Makems up but he won't take them far.
His methods are from the dark ages and too many teams are wise to that now.

ALL OF THIS ABOVE THE TRAMPS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN LUCKY HENCE STAYING UP YEAR AFTER YEAR BY THE SKIN OF THERE TEETH.
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
(14-01-2016, 02:02 PM)bluebayou Wrote: They have a prolific goalscorer and we don't. Defoe makes an enormous difference to them. Without him, they would be much closer to Villa in terms of points.

Correct we should of signed him but our fukwit transfer policy wont alllow it.
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
(14-01-2016, 04:17 PM)Paranoid Pedro Wrote:
(14-01-2016, 02:02 PM)bluebayou Wrote: They have a prolific goalscorer and we don't. Defoe makes an enormous difference to them. Without him, they would be much closer to Villa in terms of points.

Correct we should of signed him but our fukwit transfer policy wont alllow it.

were interested in berahino
Berahino and Townsend would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever seen a Mackem in Milan
GO ON FAT LAD- DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND SELL IT Beer