Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rugby in Town.
Might have something to do with your title SIR Les! :D

After your post about the Fanzone we, (Mr Heineken and I), decided o give it a try. We've just had a great time there this afternoon. Friendly people from all over the world enjoying the sunshine with drinks and food a plenty.
We were even entertained by a dance group who performed interpretations of the 'Haka'. It was great to see so many joining in when they taught us some moves, (more men than women I have to say!)
I left clutching my New Zealand Flag, and despite not knowing anything about the rules I am inspired to support them tonight. The atmosphere in our stadium looks terrific, hope you and Ally are enjoying it.
What an advert for our city, so proud. :clap:
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Come on Ireland :clap:

[Image: ireland_lc.gif]
(11-10-2015, 04:46 PM)Mick Wrote: Come on Ireland :clap:

[Image: ireland_lc.gif]

Great game. Thoroughly enjoyed.
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
Me too TC - pity about the injuries to key players Lost It
I did say I would re visit this one after the weekend so apologies now if anyone is bored with it.

Firstly, I would usually say I could NEVER justify the amount of money I spent on these tickets, but I have to say this is the exception to the rule.
What an absolutely fantastic experience.
It looks as though the last minute tickets I bought, with the game having been previously listed as sold out, had been meant for RFU officials etc. When they were not required they were put on general sale as category A tickets.
That category covered level 7 in the Milburn, some of the lower sections and the East stand.
Our tickets? Slap bang in he middle of the directors box and a bar in the Moncur Suite.:):):)

The whole day, from mid afternoon was awesome.
Liker KMK, we spent the time prior to the game in the Fanzone.
Great mix of fans, great entertainment and of course plenty of refreshments.
A special mention for the local police as they were magnificent. Totally embracing the occasion and even wearing the participating countries flags in their hats. Hats off to them and their bosses.

The stadium experience was just on a different planet and seeing the world champions play was something we will always remember.
The other half even had her photo taken with Sir Alan of Gosforth who was there for the occasion as well. (she even managed a photo with one of the Tonga players earlier in the day after stalking them at the hotel Big Grin)

Back to the fanzone after the match for more drink and yet another band to entertain us. Truly a great end to a great day.
Bad heads all around in the sir les household the following day but just a minor blip on the event.

All in all, the city and everyone at the events did themselves proud, and surely, if the event returns to these shores we will once again be asked to play a part.
We will certainly be there once again as it has been one of the most enjoyable sporting experiences of my life.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.