Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashly's interview revisited ... your thoughts ..
hello all

I am glad to be among people who share the same worries as myself.
I have now been kind of celebrating survival since that day back in May.
But as with all kind of good events, you don't feel it while it's happening...
Once it's all over you start to wonder how did that happen?
So let's recap.

I woke up on that day thinking.. O yes, Freddy said he would sell.
Proof here: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/foo...dy-9272722

Then I heard the voice of the Lord talking on the radio.
Actually it's on top of the forum here, the good owner seems to have liked it like myself, King Kev said not to boycott the games, that's no solution, and that one day we will get our club back, don't despair.
Trouble is as with all divine promises, they don't (or never?) materialise.

People were on about, starve him of money by not buying ST's and he will find that the business is not going as he would like and then sell once he realises that we're too tough a nut to crack.

That was the introduction, but what did really happen on that day?

I was one of those who wanted us to go down, I thought it would be a small price to pay for getting rid of this cancerous southerner.
I know it was going to be like soul leaving the body if I had to face scumbags from the fishing village down the road everytime they play in London or against big teams while all I can really dream of is for us not to do a Leeds United and go down spiralling.

I was so scared, because you can't do another Hughton, the Hughtons of this world must have learnt the lesson by now.
The Bartons, The Nolans, The Carrolls of this world would have learnt from what those kernts at the helm in SJP have done to them.
You're only here to make us money, once we pocket it, you're better off our wage bills, even if it's something out of your hands.
People in the modern world don't dump their employees just because they have cancer like we did to that poor Argentine Jonas, they help them financially and emotionally, but nah .. not at this club.

That's why I was worried, this club has revenues from a bottomless well, the fans who cut down on food in order to afford a ST will make sure of that, so there will always be money available and that means people will always be coming and we should somehow manage a return, but with that person in the club, I can't see that happening.

So I was hoping we can make it, you can't really smile seeing your team going down the table let alone down a whole league!

But then just before the match, the devil was incarnated on my tele, I didn't listen to a word he said to be honest. I turned the volume down to silent and went off to tinker with my laptop till his ugly face went off the tele.

After the match I was so ecstatic I didn't know what was happening as if I was on drugs, so high I didn't bother to think.

But then a few days later I started to realise what was happening...
It turned out he was saying he wasn't going to sell!!
This is my version of English means: 1 more year of the same sh*t!!

You don't mess with money, we learnt that when we were young.
This evil man had seen a time when he was going to be deprived of $ky.
no more TV rights, no more friendly newspaper that pays him £££
It's Brighton and Hove, Plymouth Argyle in place of Chelsea of Arsenal.
Yet he wasn't going to sell, could that be true?

There's no way someone would hang on to a doll which has been broken.
Does this man have some kind of vendetta against our club?
Why does he insist on destroying us?

He's a businessman, a successful one, we all know that (regrettably)
He has made millions from this poor corner of the world.
Money has never stopped flowing into his pockets, we know it.
On Cabaye, Debuchy, Enrique, Carroll, he even made money on Pardew!!

I would have thought it's tasty to eat all meat from a fish, but then it's painful to chew on thorns!

Why do you think he said so? he wasn't sure at the time if he's getting the dosh next season or not, actually had the referee given Hull the first goal when they played Manure, it would have been so difficult for our team to score against Westham, and without our goal diff, they would have equalised with us on points and stayed up on goal difference.
If the ref gave them the first goal, and I have seen that given plenty a time elsewhere, they would have gathered pace and kept it till the end, on the other side news would have filtered through to SJP and our team would have played on nerves alone which means they were likely to concede.

With the results that came before the Westham match, I am quite sure we were hoping Manue would do us the favour, as what happened with all other situations, we were not better than Burnley or even QPR for that matter, look what they did to us just before that match.
Our only hope going into that match was that another team does us the good deed and Manure had nowts to play for having succumbed to Arsenal just a week earlier.

I know now, or think I know why he was on about us winning something.
It's just another cheap propaganda ...

If he thinks we can win something, it would mean that we would top some kind of competition, a cup would mean we would qualify for some sort European competition, which means TV rights, money coming in, so that's a potential income for the new buyers.
Instead of his normal (Was £9.99 .. now £4.99) or (3 for 2)
He actually raised club value by saying (Was $ky only, Potential $ky + ITV)

But, you, I, he, and the whole world know that's not going to happen.

The first thing you do if you want to win things is bring in players!
He actually hasn't shot the mercy bullet on Carver next day.
Instead, he reduced his wage bill by letting Jonas and Raylor go!!

Surely he had to pay Carver, Stone and associates money till the last day.
Why did he do that? there was nowts for them to do in May or even June!
Why did Ashley keep them? to waste money till he can waste more on new staff?

The strange thing is that his promise not to sell
Why do you think he said what he said?

The apppintment of Maclaren was like a declaration of intentions.
The man wasn't/isn't/will not spend, end of.

Steve took the job (remember very well) AFTER he was SACKED from Derby.
This came after him having turned him down TWICE.

That means the SM was hoping to stay in job in Derby, but things didn't go his way.

There are names you can tell they can handle a competition.
We weren't looking for the Guardiolas of this world. We just wanted a proven premiere league manager or a foreigner with an impressive CV.

Managers go places, look at Ray Wilkins he went to Jordan! Hodgeson went to Emirates, Cabello to Russia, Avram Grant to Ghana, Heddink to Russia, huge names went abroad to manage, we can't be worse than all that!
There was also plenty of people out of contract, Roberto de Mateo is but one who has recent premiereship experience and knows the English game inside out.

We needed a manager who can keep us in business another year.
That's all we could hope for, it's his policy ain't it?
Now we don't even have that, actually we have a time bomb.

I will talk about SM in a separate thread, so let's hear your opinions for now.
Trawling over old ground mate. None of us are happy.

I don't expect improvement this window either. The only way we will start to look up is when he leaves. He gave the interview as he was feeling the pressure from the boycotts. The protests need to continue. It will be a long haul but you never know it could work.

My fear is he is such a horrible b*st*rd that he would destroy us forever if he did leave.
ashley has never hired any other kind of manager than a british manager .so forget about hiddinks and grants and they will all want more control than what is given here under ashley .ashley taks sh*te to fans .now fans are not renewing i say hes shittin himself .
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
I now suspect that the only truth in the speech, is that he won't sell. Even if we spend £20m this window, all we will be doing is catching up on some of the damage done over the last x number of windows.
I do think we will spend, but I doubt it will be on proven quality and more on chances for a gem to make it big in the EPL to be sold at a massive profit
Will make my judgement come sep 1st! Last 8 years are well documented no point revisiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-06-2015, 05:08 PM)cg40k Wrote: I do think we will spend, but I doubt it will be on proven quality and more on chances for a gem to make it big in the EPL to be sold at a massive profit

this is the clubs policy .
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
So, he really was using the interview to up the club's value for when he sells over, no doubt about it.
I am a firm believer (ah well, we all are aren't we?) that the boycotting method will work, let's see facts, ... emotions aside.
He extended the deadline for ST's three times or two times already?
That's pain ... we give him back part of what he is due. Love this

One thing about this creature though, he's that clever he wouldn't mind playing with death.
Again, let's talk facts ...

In the season when he brought four frogs in January, it's when he sold Demba Ba, wasn't it?
Why did he go and splash?
It's because the number of points bagged wasn't good enough to guarantee survival, no other reason.

Here's facts, if we remember when four frogs came at the same time, it was like this (kind of)
Quote:
With only six months left on his contract, Premier League team Newcastle United had a cut price £500,000 bid accepted for Gouffran. On 22 January 2013. (wiki)
That's the same date he brought in Sissoko and others.
He wanted to SAVE the club, not from administration, it's the fear of loss of $ky et al.

It goes on to show that this year when we were in January, we had bagged 30+ points, which meant we needed three wins only to survive, for him it didn't matter, not only players going, but also Pardew could go, he's that bad, it doesn't matter losing to scumbags as long as the money is coming from sky.

Let's not forget onething though ... Our denying him our S.T. money is VITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL to him.
You know why?
It's because we're not the only club that gets money from $ky, they all do, it's a lot of dough alright but it's not where the butter is.
The butter is in the season tickets, according to themag

So a member spends £553 on tickets. With the £35 cost of membership that gives a total of £588.
http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastl...al-public/

If 50k turn up every other week, then use a calculator to find out for yourself.
It might seem that our money is trivial if compared to $ky, BT, other foriegn transmitters, but that's not the case.
We hurt him worse.
(30-06-2015, 07:08 PM)Wal-NUFC Wrote: So, he really was using the interview to up the club's value for when he sells over, no doubt about it.
I am a firm believer (ah well, we all are aren't we?) that the boycotting method will work, let's see facts, ... emotions aside.
He extended the deadline for ST's three times or two times already?
That's pain ... we give him back part of what he is due. Love this

One thing about this creature though, he's that clever he wouldn't mind playing with death.
Again, let's talk facts ...

In the season when he brought four frogs in January, it's when he sold Demba Ba, wasn't it?
Why did he go and splash?
It's because the number of points bagged wasn't good enough to guarantee survival, no other reason.

Here's facts, if we remember when four frogs came at the same time, it was like this (kind of)
Quote:
With only six months left on his contract, Premier League team Newcastle United had a cut price £500,000 bid accepted for Gouffran. On 22 January 2013. (wiki)
That's the same date he brought in Sissoko and others.
He wanted to SAVE the club, not from administration, it's the fear of loss of $ky et al.

It goes on to show that this year when we were in January, we had bagged 30+ points, which meant we needed three wins only to survive, for him it didn't matter, not only players going, but also Pardew could go, he's that bad, it doesn't matter losing to scumbags as long as the money is coming from sky.

Let's not forget onething though ... Our denying him our S.T. money is VITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL to him.
You know why?
It's because we're not the only club that gets money from $ky, they all do, it's a lot of dough alright but it's not where the butter is.
The butter is in the season tickets, according to themag

So a member spends £553 on tickets. With the £35 cost of membership that gives a total of £588.
http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastl...al-public/

If 50k turn up every other week, then use a calculator to find out for yourself.
It might seem that our money is trivial if compared to $ky, BT, other foriegn transmitters, but that's not the case.
We hurt him worse.

he is a gambler wal ...sometimes gambles dont come off ,this time 3 bells havent dropped in when he pulled the one arm bandit