Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bas Dost
I think its looking more likely we will sign Bas Dost ahead of Charlie Austin,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_Dost

Its in the mirror who are the clubs preferred (sorry paying) newspaper.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/t...ot-5883039

Nice to think we could get both...I know i,m being optimistic stupid me....

scratch
Would that be the Mirror who had Austin as a done deal last week?
As I said last week, the hardest working people at the club are the PR department.
Spoon feed the clubs "media partners" with whatever they think will sell tickets or whatever else they are hoping to achieve.
The problem is, we have all been there before and now choose to wait and see what actually happens as opposed to what they tell us will happen.
I get the feeling the Mirror will soon get fed up with them tbh.

As for Dost, why would he leave a team that has just qualified for the Champions League to come here?
Obviously there is the chance they have told him they are looking at better strikers to take them to the next level and he may be out of the first team picture.
Other than that, I can't really see what would be in it for him.

Was he there under McClaren so that in itself will create speculation?
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
Dost would come to the PL for money. Whether or not that is to NUFC is another matter. Might depend on how Maclaren is viewed in Holland?
(15-06-2015, 12:57 PM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: Dost would come to the PL for money. Whether or not that is to NUFC is another matter. Might depend on how Maclaren is viewed in Holland?

well hes fluent in the accent!

:D
Conflicting reports on this one. One side is claiming the deal will be done by Friday, while dutch and German media are saying that Wolfsburg's prez has said dost wants to stay
he wants to stay with his own team
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/1...espite-al/

could be a case of wolfsburg wanting to push his p[rice up
or ashleys arse licking pr rag talking sh*t
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
The guy turned down a nice too England a few years ago, so I think he just doesn't care for the food [emoji38]
im sure swansea wanted him at one point .i dont think its happening ,the mirror is ashleys new pr rag ,last week it said austin is a done deal ,then it was dost to sign 4 year deal this week.
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
(15-06-2015, 02:10 PM)cg40k Wrote: The guy turned down a nice too England a few years ago, so I think he just doesn't care for the food [emoji38]

I but he's never had a greggs pastie or steak bake chris!

(15-06-2015, 02:57 PM)Monty Don Wrote:
(15-06-2015, 02:10 PM)cg40k Wrote: The guy turned down a nice too England a few years ago, so I think he just doesn't care for the food [emoji38]

(15-06-2015, 03:09 PM)Michael Wrote:
(15-06-2015, 02:57 PM)Monty Don Wrote:

And for his sake I hope he never does [emoji3]
[emoji38]