Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashley Williams
Sky Sports understands Newcastle United are eyeing a move for Swansea City defender Ashley Williams.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is in the market for a new centre-half and Wales international Williams is thought to be on his wanted list.

full story
27yrs old i dont think that will happen.
I don't think we'll go for a 27yr old.His value will decline.
i tell you what - he's a top quality centre half. i dont care if he is 27 yrs old - he's definitely worth a punt. i wonder where that rumour started?
(27-07-2012, 06:28 PM)tattyheed Wrote: i tell you what - he's a top quality centre half. i dont care if he is 27 yrs old - he's definitely worth a punt. i wonder where that rumour started?

I can't say i took much notice of him last season Tatty,but i'll take your word for it mate.:yep:
I think he is a decent player and would fit in well - 27 isn't that old for a CB even if it is slightly outside Ashley's age policy. Not sure there is any truth in it though.

The rumour doing the rounds yesterday was that we are no longer in the market for a centre half. Just a right back and a striker.
So this is a non starter for me.
It wasn't just a coincidence that Dummett joined up with the first team. They are looking at him to see if he can step up. That leaves us with Colo, Taylor, Williamson, Good and Dummett. " good ones, one average one and 2 untried. Hardly inspiring!
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.