Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debuchy deal close
Looks like this one will get done according to the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcas..._page.html

sorry but I've heard this so many times over past few weeks that I won't believe a word that's written until he is seen in the training ground holding his new toon top

another thing in that story that I find strange is it says we have already agreed terms with debuchy, that has to be bollox as teams can not talk to players until a fee is agreed
One thing I find curious is that if the green light has been given (presumably at the latest yesterday as mark mentioned this piece on twitter yesterday) and we have agreed terms with the player then why wait till tuesday to make the bid. If it's simply a formality of an improved offer now then make it and get him hanging out with the lads this weekend.

The idea that we're holding out till tuesday adds weight to what you said about waiting on the Ba situation and that makes sense but it also means that this deal may still collapse and the article is in effect not so much news but a spin on the status quo.
It quite often happens that a club is given permission to talk to a player before any final fee has been agreed. The two can go along in parallel if the selling club accept they are going to move the player on and have given him permission to talk to interested parties. Doing this speeds up the process and is a benefit to both clubs - the seller gets the money quicker and the player's wages off their books and the buyer has longer to integrate the player into the team. I expect a new offer will go over to Lille in the next couple of days - the article doesn't say we will be waiting until Tuesday to make an improved offer - it says "The Journal understands that United expect to make rapid progress on the protracted transfer of the right-back after the completion of their Algarve training camp on Tuesday.

We can reveal that United have already agreed personal terms with the France international – and will up their bid in the coming days after Mike Ashley gave a green light to a new and improved bid.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...z21ohWdJ2T. Tuesday is the last day of Ba's buy-out clause (may or may not be significant) It's not a done deal but I think it will happen.

(27-07-2012, 10:59 AM)3hourswasted Wrote: It quite often happens that a club is given permission to talk to a player before any final fee has been agreed. The two can go along in parallel if the selling club accept they are going to move the player on and have given him permission to talk to interested parties. Doing this speeds up the process and is a benefit to both clubs - the seller gets the money quicker and the player's wages off their books and the buyer has longer to integrate the player into the team. I expect a new offer will go over to Lille in the next couple of days - the article doesn't say we will be waiting until Tuesday to make an improved offer - it says "The Journal understands that United expect to make rapid progress on the protracted transfer of the right-back after the completion of their Algarve training camp on Tuesday.

We can reveal that United have already agreed personal terms with the France international – and will up their bid in the coming days after Mike Ashley gave a green light to a new and improved bid.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...z21ohWdJ2T. Tuesday is the last day of Ba's buy-out clause (may or may not be significant) It's not a done deal but I think it will happen.

I took that to mean we won't be making any improved bids until Tuesday, or maybe later. As you say, as this is also the day that the Ba contract clause will be sorted. I think this move is still conditional on the Ba thing going the way we want it to and him staying with us. The post you made about waiting until Ba's future is sorted before making any moves makes sense to me. However I also think it means that if Ba goes this deal may still fall through. I hope not and at the moment I think Ba will stay but until it's all done and dusted I'll be a little wary about getting my hopes up.