Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Bruce
Jack Bruce, best known as one third of Cream, has died of liver disease. In a statement issued by his family on Saturday, his family said: ““It is with great sadness that we, Jack’s family, announce the passing of our beloved Jack: husband, father, granddad, and all round legend. The world of music will be a poorer place without him but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts.”

Bruce played bass, sang and was the principal songwriter in Cream, but even leaving aside that group, in which he played with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, his CV reads like a comprehensive guide to the British blues boom, with spells in Alexis Korner’s Blues Inc, the Graham Bond Organisation, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers and Manfred Mann.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oc...es-aged-71

Blush
incredible that I hadnt heard of him, he leaves the world with some fantastic music, a fine legacy rip fella Sad
I HATE Cream's stuff with a passion, just not my era, I guess. However, Jack Bruce was a great musician, sad to hear of his death.
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
sad news another genius bites the dust ,im sure he wrote most of creams material thats 3 in a week who have died .bruce ,alvin stardust and bertie who drummed for chas and dave
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .