Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a Brighter Note
On a brighter note, The Heed won again last night to go 2nd in the Vanarama Conference.
Still early days but only 3 points off the top.
Things may change tonight with a couple of teams having games today, but still been a good few days for the Tynesiders.

They don't lose many, but seem to have far too many draws.
Still, every point may be crucial come the end of the season.
2 wins in 4 days though has given them a massive boost.

Also, still good value for Newcastle season ticket holders at only a tenner.
Crowds are on the up, with 500 more watching last nights game than the same fixture last season.

I keep saying it, but get yourselves down.
I'm sure you would enjoy it.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
Crackin' result

The Tyneside team that actually wins games

Rock On
(08-10-2014, 07:58 AM)SirLes9 Wrote: On a brighter note, The Heed won again last night to go 2nd in the Vanarama Conference.
Things may change tonight with a couple of teams having games today, but still been a good few days for the Tynesiders.

Crowds are on the up, with 500 more watching last nights game than the same fixture last season.

Agree Sir Les My lads been to the last couple of games said it was good crack,only downside was there were some unwashed there...

:aaagh:
(08-10-2014, 08:48 AM)Monty Don Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 07:58 AM)SirLes9 Wrote: On a brighter note, The Heed won again last night to go 2nd in the Vanarama Conference.

Agree Sir Les My lads been to the last couple of games said it was good crack,only downside was there were some unwashed there...

As a Gateshead lad and part time fan i love to see them doing well.
I get to as many games as I can and I go because I ENJOY it.
I have a Newcastle Season ticket and I've been ONCE this season.
I'm getting more value from my season ticket by getting a fiver off every time I go to watch the Heed.
I believe the Makems have a similar deal with them now.
I have no problem with that as I put our rivalry to one side if they are supporting my OTHER team.
They have a fair few fans in the Gateshead borough so I guess they have as much right to go as I do.
The more fans the Heed get the better it is from their perspective, regardless of their other failings.

I think a lot of the hierarchy at Gateshead have 5under1and connections so it would be difficult not to include them in their activities.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(08-10-2014, 09:47 AM)SirLes9 Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 08:48 AM)Monty Don Wrote:

As a Gateshead lad and part time fan i love to see them doing well.
I get to as many games as I can and I go because I ENJOY it.
I have a Newcastle Season ticket and I've been ONCE this season.
I'm getting more value from my season ticket by getting a fiver off every time I go to watch the Heed.
I believe the Makems have a similar deal with them now.
I have no problem with that as I put our rivalry to one side if they are supporting my OTHER team.
They have a fair few fans in the Gateshead borough so I guess they have as much right to go as I do.
The more fans the Heed get the better it is from their perspective, regardless of their other failings.

I think a lot of the hierarchy at Gateshead have 5under1and connections so it would be difficult not to include them in their activities.

What's that saying,,,,keep your friends close but your enemies closer? Blush
(08-10-2014, 10:17 AM)Michael Wrote: A week on Saturday they play Barnet at home who are top of the league, that could well be a humdinger.

Just a shame we are at home the same day.
Will have to go to the Leicester game to see the new scoreboard/S***** D***** advertising board LOL!
That's very true about the black and white blood Michael.
Quite fortunate that the Heed also play in black and white then aren't I.LOL!