Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We've Got An Outstanding Midfield"
"I don't think there's ever a good time to concede a goal so late [against Crystal Palace]. I think it's always important to go into an international break on the back of a win," Pardew told reporters at a pre-match press conference.

"So that was disappointing but I just feel we're a strong team, we've got an outstanding midfield line that needs to contribute goals.

"Everybody keeps talking about our lack of strikers but we need to get more goals from midfield and from our defenders."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/1...m-midfiel/?

Poop, Pardew..........total poop :bart:
So he's hoping our outstanding midfield are going to get the goals because we didn't get the striker that was needed. :hair:
So if the midfield is no good do we then talk about our outstanding defence? And if they are no good do we then say we have an outstanding keeper?...etc etc
We may as well talk about the outstanding defence.
We have only scored 3 times this season and defenders got 2 of them.
If ever there was a case of clutching at straws, this is it.

He knows he Fecked up and has had nearly 2 weeks to make up a tale for us.
Just a pity that's the best he could come up with.

How many Premiership goals has this "outstanding midfield" got between them?
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
He does have a point! we all have been saying the midfield looks strong!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DEFENCE AND STRIKERS YOU COMPLETE DICKHEAD!!!!!!!!
(12-09-2014, 08:34 AM)Monty Don Wrote: He does have a point! we all have been saying the midfield looks strong!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DEFENCE AND STRIKERS YOU COMPLETE DICKHEAD!!!!!!!!

Maybe not all Monty, but then I am more cynical than most.

My assessment would have been that we look strong in the defensive sense with Colback and Tiote, but maybe not so strong at the other end.
Pardew seems to be indicating our strengths lie in the attacking third which hasn't been the case for me so far.
But then we haven't been great in the defensive third either.
Tiote returning should help to rectify that but we will still be lacking at the other end imo.
We will be relying totally on Cabella for creativity and possibly goals and based on what I've seen so far it's not going to happen.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.