Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimbledon
(16-05-2014, 12:22 PM)Nige_S4 Wrote:
(15-05-2014, 07:46 PM)Tinyclanger16 Wrote: The 'anti-English' stuff about Murray is a bit stupid. It started when he was asked if he would be supporting the English footie team and, perfectly reasonably, he asked why he would - given he was Scottish. Sounds logical to me!

I believe he was asked who he'd be supporting, and answered "Anyone but England" - or so it was reported. A bit different from just saying he'd have no reason to support England.

I'm not bothered either way about what he said though - as has been mentioned it's banter that's gone on for years. When he wins he's British. When he loses, he's Scottish :D

As for watching tennis - I've had more fun sat on the toilet.

And it's all they have on 5-Live on the way home from work. Just like when the *yawn" golf is on.

Mmm, I've just looked it up and he said he supported "whoever England was playing against"
He said it was a joke, which he said when he was 19....and to slag him off for this for years on end is completely daft.
How many stupid things did any of us say when we were 19?
Would you want to be bashed over the head forever for things you said at that age?

Why can't we celebrate his achievements ( which are MASSIVE compared to any "British" player in the past gazillion years) rather than taking cheap shots at him just cos he's not some media created holier-than-thou-bimbo?
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
I support him....anyone from our isle who can take on the likes of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic and match them has to be supported. :clap:
Boydie, have you forgotten what him and his mates did to us at Bannockburn?

Never forgive. Never forget.

:D:D:D
(19-05-2014, 10:36 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: Boydie, have you forgotten what him and his mates did to us at Bannockburn?

Never forgive. Never forget.

:D:D:D

Ha ha ....Micky for all i'm English my ancestors The Boyd Clan fought alongside Robert the Bruce at the Battle of Bannockburn, so i'm a bit mixed up. Lost It