Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
czech rep v poland.
(16-06-2012, 09:44 PM)Boydie Wrote: Hey what about the Cechs though they got beat 4-1 in their 1st game and they're through.

Aye its a strange world huh?

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

Tie Breaking Procedure

If two or more nations are level on points in the group the country with the highest number points in games involving those teams finishes highest.
If nations are still level they are separated by goal difference, and then goals scored, in games involving the teams.
If teams still cannot be split, then overall goal group difference is used.

So though Russia has better GD, they dont go through because Greece beat them 1-0, thus allowing Greece to go through based off the 1st listed tie breaking procedure
(16-06-2012, 09:52 PM)cg40k Wrote: Tie Breaking Procedure

If two or more nations are level on points in the group the country with the highest number points in games involving those teams finishes highest.
If nations are still level they are separated by goal difference, and then goals scored, in games involving the teams.

So though Russia has better GD, they dont go through because Greece beat them 1-0, thus allowing Greece to go through based off the 1st listed tie breaking procedure

You clever sod...i can't decipher that Chris as i've got my beer goggles on but thanks mate.:yep:
(16-06-2012, 09:52 PM)cg40k Wrote: Tie Breaking Procedure

That explains it :yep:

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]