Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign De Jong! - Anita
Having trained alongside his compatriot at close quarters since the turn of the year, Anita is convinced de Jong has what it takes to be a long-term success on Tyneside.

“I think Luuk wants to stay beyond the end of the season, and I hope that happens,” said Anita. “He is a very good player, and I think he wants to show everyone that.

“He came in January, and right from the start, he has been doing everything he can to prove himself here at Newcastle. I think he is doing that and I think it would be good for everybody if he could stay past the end of his deal on loan.”

Full Story Here:
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/f...1103825._/?
The lad is desperate for a goal,who knows he may start scoring for fun but at the minute it's just not happening for him. He reminds me a lot of Lovenkrands at the moment. I think he'll be liked on Tyneside but unless he scores plenty of goals which is predominantly a strikers role then why keep him.
I'm not sure he's being used in the right way yet. I believe he'll come good if given time and used in a way that works for him. I'd be very interested in seeing his brother join as well as I think they'd help each other and work well.
(27-03-2014, 11:17 AM)Ciatmol Wrote: I'm not sure he's being used in the right way yet. I believe he'll come good if given time and used in a way that works for him. I'd be very interested in seeing his brother join as well as I think they'd help each other and work well.

De Jong has said that he isn't comfortable as the 2nd striker and would like a crack as the main man.
In a way I hope it does work out and he proves good enough to sign because so far we only have one decent striker at the club who belongs to us and even he (Cisse) has been put on probation by Pardew.
However, I have seen nothing so far beyond a reasonable ability in the air and to hold the ball up. He is desperately slow, there is nothing dynamic about him on the edge of the penalty area and he does not show that great desire and anticipation to get into goalscoring positions which characterizes natural goalscorers. His shooting has also been puny. I cannot think that defenders feel at all apprehensive about facing him. He just does not offer anything distinctive or different.
I hope he will come good but he's looked very ineffectual so far.
I will watch with interest as see how he progresses. I was worried about his lack of football and this shows in his general play. Hopefully he will become sharper as he gets games in as he is obviously very unfit.
My hope is he stays and will be firing on all cylinders with a full preseason under his belt.
If that happens and Cisse continues his return to form then a couple of major headaches during the summer will be averted.

I also agree with Ciatmol about his brother. (de longs brother that is not ciatmols brother who I know nowt about even if he exists)
GO ON FAT LAD- DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND SELL IT Beer
So as to avoid further possible confusions I can confirm the non existence of my brother :D

I think, though I admit my knowledge is limited on the league, that siem de jong plays more as a no 10 type or attacking midfielder and so, imo, would allow luuk to play as the main forward with siem behind.

I think, and hope, that once acclimatised and fully fit luuk will show more ability and become more active. For now he's desperately lacking match practise and fitness so I don't want to judge him too harshly.
as i said when we got the loan deal of de jong ,he wont get goals ,he will help another striker and the team .good job we didnt rush out and sign the lad like a lot of fans wanted .the try before you buy has suited us in this case ,gomis is the striker we should be going in for and we probably will.
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Well we probably will because he's on a free but I don't see why he'd be the better choice tbh.
(27-03-2014, 11:17 AM)Ciatmol Wrote: I'm not sure he's being used in the right way yet. I believe he'll come good if given time and used in a way that works for him. I'd be very interested in seeing his brother join as well as I think they'd help each other and work well.

I'm taking my U13 team to Holland next week for a tour. I'll see if I can get hold of him and have a word whilst I'm there :D

Last year when we went, we missed out on a seeing a match as it was international friendly weekend. However by pure chance, we were on a tour of the AZ stadium when the Dutch national team turned up for pre match training. Some of the lads got their photo taken with Robben.