Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumacher
poor twat in a coma after a sking accident.
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
I heard it was not supposed to be serious?

On the subject of "other sports", there was a great interest on here in the Ashes when the series started. Now England (what happened to the M.C.C.?) are 0-4 down and there isn't a murmur on here. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much. I think cricket is a poorer game with a weak Australia so it's good to know they are not bad as most people feared.
Was just talking about this on FB (as i've just joined back up) the bloke has drove F1 cars at crazy speeds yet a simple skiing accident has done this to him.....Although his was the driver i loved to hate...Get Well Soon Michael...your probably the best driver F1 has ever seen,
(30-12-2013, 12:44 AM)bluebayou Wrote: I heard it was not supposed to be serious?

On the subject of "other sports", there was a great interest on here in the Ashes when the series started. Now England (what happened to the M.C.C.?) are 0-4 down and there isn't a murmur on here. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much. I think cricket is a poorer game with a weak Australia so it's good to know they are not bad as most people feared.

I've stayed awake into the wee hours - and woken up early - to follow the Ashes on the radio, blue, even though 99% of it has been excruciating to listen to. Would have posted more about it if I thought any would be interested! I LOVE my cricket, but then I would, wouldn't I?
As with all things, it goes in cycles. I'n not sure the Aussies are a brillinat team, but England are certainly on the wane and not sure who is coming through to replace the old guard right now...

As to Schumacher, I'd heard like you that initially it was not serious, but the Beeb now has:

Quote:Michael Schumacher, seven-time Formula 1 world champion, is in a critical condition after a skiing accident, says the French hospital treating him.

The 44-year-old German suffered serious brain trauma, was in a coma on arrival and underwent a brain operation.

He was skiing off-piste with his son in the French Alps on Sunday when the accident occurred.

Schumacher was wearing a helmet when he fell and hit his head against a rock, his manager Sabine Kehm said.

Early reports had said his condition was not life-threatening and he reportedly walked away from the accident complaining only of feeling a bit shaken.
The accident took place in the French ski resort of Meribel on Sunday morning.

The resort's director, Christophe Gernignon-Lecomte, said Schumacher was attended to by two ski patrollers who requested helicopter evacuation to the nearby valley town of Moutiers.

He was subsequently moved to the bigger facility at Grenoble, in south-east France. His wife Corinna and two children are with him.

"Mr Schumacher was admitted to the University Hospital of Grenoble at 12:40 [11:40 GMT], following a skiing accident which occurred in Meribel in the late morning," the Grenoble hospital said in a statement.

"He suffered a severe head injury with coma on arrival, which required immediate neurosurgical intervention. He remains in a critical situation."

The hospital statement was signed by the facility's neurosurgeon, the professor in charge of its anaesthesia/revival unit, and the hospital's deputy director, reports said.

A hospital official declined to give more details and said more information would be given out on Monday, said Reuters news agency.

Experts say it is likely that his brain began to swell and the urgent surgery was required to relieve the pressure, says the BBC's Hugh Schofield in Paris.

I'm not at all interested in any kind of motor sport, but obviously it's a sad thing to hear.
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
I regard Formula 1 as arguably the most boring sport ever conceived but I agree this is sad to hear. Radio 5 Live was treating it as a non-serious incident in the late afternoon. It appears, then, that they were misinformed.
(30-12-2013, 01:00 AM)bluebayou Wrote: I regard Formula 1 as arguably the most boring sport ever conceived but I agree this is sad to hear. Radio 5 Live was treating it as a non-serious incident in the late afternoon. It appears, then, that they were misinformed.

Earlier in the day all news forms were telling us that it was a bad accident but not too serious ,but now they're saying he's in a critical state. The poor lad has deteriorated. God bless him .....hope he recovers.
its always sad news when this type of thing happens to anybody. hope he pulls through
I see that Schumacher has been put in an induced coma this is to give the brain a rest and to stop the swelling, I myself have been in a coma after being shot and blown up in the Falklands and that was for 24 days because of extensive injurys to the scull, I realy hope Schumacher pulls through however the longer you are in a coma you stand the more chance of brain damage. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(30-12-2013, 09:56 AM)pboromag Wrote: who were you with in the falklands geordie

i to hope he pu;;s through but as a sportsman i have no time for him

Pboro I was in 2 Para but was attached to SAS during the conflict as It was the regiment I was due to join two prior to Falklands kicking off.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(30-12-2013, 11:24 AM)pboromag Wrote: which squadron

G squad.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!