This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Forum stats Reload
Latest posts
TopicDate, time Last SenderForum
  Congratulations Geordie1 Today, 08:27tattyheedMick's UTD111...
  Mark McGhee Today, 08:26tattyheedNewcastle Uni...
  Poll: Play-Offs 05-19, 12:27Sir Kevin KeeganOther Teams
  It's Started 05-18, 06:34MickNewcastle Uni...
  New strip 05-17, 15:12Geordie1Newcastle Uni...
  Atsu 05-17, 11:49CiatmolNewcastle Uni...
  Villains..... 05-15, 11:22mickyquinnstacheOther Teams
  Club Statement On The Fut... 05-14, 16:05MickNewcastle Uni...
  Rafa v Ashley 05-12, 06:39Geordie1Newcastle Uni...
  New funds 05-10, 17:49GhostfaceKillahNewcastle Uni...
  Mike and his trophies 05-08, 19:21BoydieNewcastle Uni...
  The Rafa Affect 05-08, 11:46CiatmolNewcastle Uni...
  SMB 05-08, 11:24tattyheedThe Dark Side...
  How much? 05-08, 09:19MickNewcastle Uni...
  Champions..... 05-08, 08:01PapillonNewcastle Uni...
  Barnsley (h) 05-07, 13:36GhostfaceKillahNewcastle Uni...
  West Ham 1 Little Totts 0 05-06, 13:30PapillonOther Teams
Top posters
Boydie 11694
Mick 10931
SirLes9 6758
Gos 6510
Sir Kevin Keegan 5928
Pazman 5583
positive pedro 4993
Ciatmol 3958
pboromag 3218
Monty Don 2841
cg40k 2720
mickyquinnstache 2316
arfa the mag 2123
Tinyclanger16 1955
Nige_S4 1685
bluebayou 1637
tattyheed 1569
Michael 1560
Most replies
  January trans... 344
  Summer transf... 290
  Boydie's on t... 258
  Summer transf... 205
  austin off to... 151
  Time for chan... 130
  Bas Dost 129
  the relegatio... 126
  fantasy eleve... 125
  Back Room Tea... 121
  charlie austi... 102
  Toon related ... 98
  newcastle v a... 97
  Season Ticket... 94
  Carroll comin... 93
  Vile v Le Too... 89
  chelski match... 77
  toon v city m... 76

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fans Forum!!!!
Geordie1 Offline
Senior Pro

Fans Forum!!!!
Well the first meeting was held with the club last night and by the looks of it we can forget about challenging for any cups anytime soon they would much rather mid table mediocrity so Ashley gets his Wonga. All the questions put to the panel (No JFK) were of substance and concern the majority of TOON supporters however it has to be said that only one question was answered appropriately anyway here is the link to the questions & answers.

http://www.nust.org.uk/newcastle-united-...rum-report

"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
25-09-2013 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirLes9 Offline
Part Of The Furniture

RE: Fans Forum!!!!
Reading the whole article just further enhances the theory that the sooner he fecks off the better.

All very diplomatic in the wording, but the bottom line seems to prove that he is only here to make money.
Why else would he say that finishing in the top 10 is better than winning a trophy?
The comment actually says because its worth more money.

If every fan had the same ambition as this horrible cnut then there would be no point in being a fan.

They use every excuse in the book for not spending money.
3 year financial plan to go along with the original 5 year plan which was originally set out.
They even manage to skirt around the issue of the £200k premier league money to help away fans.
Not once do they say it will actually be spent on the fans.
All they say is that they are talking with clubs to make away games more affordable in general.
No doubt that £200k will be spent on negotiating teams to sort out their deals with other clubs.

There is nothing whatsoever in the notes of that meeting to make anyone feel any better about the current situation.
It just drives home the fact that we are run by a bunch of clueless clowns.

ASHLEY OUT.

Just one more point on this.

They were asked about S***** D***** adverts and were they paid for.
The answer was no, as it was space that would be otherwise unused.

So why not use it to expose the companies actually putting money in then like Wonga and Puma?
Would they not like a bit more prime advertising space?

Yeah Mike, we are all fecking thick up here you know.
Fat fecking cretin.

"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
25-09-2013 11:39 AM
Nige_S4 Offline
Top Player

Shocking, but really no surprise.

ASHLEY OUT.
25-09-2013 12:16 PM
Pazman Offline
Part Of The Furniture

interesting what was said regarding finance.

Quote:on the finance front United told fans that they were working on a three year cycle with the TV money and that there are no debts at United apart from interest-free loans to Ashley and they won’t be called in “until or if” the club is sold.

A statement from NUST also read: “The Club accounts show that Mike Ashley took an £11million short term loan back last year but the £18million short term loan he was due to take back this year is being rolled over to future years. The long term loan of £111million will stay in the accounts but there is no definition of long term. This means that our only significant debts are the interest free debts to Mike Ashley.

“On the Commercial income side we are one of the weakest clubs around. The Directors are working with Wonga and Puma to improve that situation but there was little information about what plans we have in place. Our commercial income shown in the accounts is about £13million. Man. Utd for example was shown recently as £153million! We were told that we couldn't compete with Man. Utd.;

“They were asked if Sports Direct paid for adverting at St. James' Park and it was confirmed that they do not. John Irving said that Sports Direct were using space that would be otherwise unused but didn't say how hard the commercial team were trying to find other (paying) advertisers,”

so there it is, sports direct do NOT pay to splash there name all over, and are we really looking for others? I doubt it.
25-09-2013 12:16 PM
Geordie1 Offline
Senior Pro

(25-09-2013 11:39 AM)SirLes9 Wrote:  Reading the whole article just further enhances the theory that the sooner he fecks off the better.

All very diplomatic in the wording, but the bottom line seems to prove that he is only here to make money.
Why else would he say that finishing in the top 10 is better than winning a trophy?
The comment actually says because its worth more money.

If every fan had the same ambition as this horrible cnut then there would be no point in being a fan.

They use every excuse in the book for not spending money.
3 year financial plan to go along with the original 5 year plan which was originally set out.
They even manage to skirt around the issue of the £200k premier league money to help away fans.
Not once do they say it will actually be spent on the fans.
All they say is that they are talking with clubs to make away games more affordable in general.
No doubt that £200k will be spent on negotiating teams to sort out their deals with other clubs.

There is nothing whatsoever in the notes of that meeting to make anyone feel any better about the current situation.
It just drives home the fact that we are run by a bunch of clueless clowns.

ASHLEY OUT.

Just one more point on this.

They were asked about S***** D***** adverts and were they paid for.
The answer was no, as it was space that would be otherwise unused.

So why not use it to expose the companies actually putting money in then like Wonga and Puma?
Would they not like a bit more prime advertising space?

Yeah Mike, we are all fecking thick up here you know.
Fat fecking cretin.

Well said Sir Les. What realy boils my piss is that not one of the asked questions were answerd they just do what every politician does by saying "You can refer my answer to the previous statement" Well at least we now know where we stand, oops or do we? I see today the club have said that they will put in a great effort this season to win some silver wear well woopy doo, slap me doon if thats the case now what have the usless feckers been doing for the last 48 years, it's just lie's anyway as you have already said they have no interest in winning a cup for the forseable future as it does not fit in Ashleys remit and beside we would qualify for Europe and wor NOT so great leader would not invest in any extra squad members.
It will be interesting to see what all the Ashley lovers oot there make of all this pboro where are ya?!!!!!

aaaghaaaghaaagh

"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
25-09-2013 12:22 PM
SirLes9 Offline
Part Of The Furniture

So what exactly were the short term loans used for?

Remember last week when I put the post up about him saying he was putting £20 million of his own money in each year for no return.
More lies I take it.

"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
25-09-2013 12:23 PM
Geordie1 Offline
Senior Pro

(25-09-2013 12:23 PM)SirLes9 Wrote:  So what exactly were the short term loans used for?

Remember last week when I put the post up about him saying he was putting £20 million of his own money in each year for no return.
More lies I take it.

Les I agree with you this fat flucker is taking the proverbial piss where has all the money gone? my guess is, is that he is using NUFC as a tax break for his other business by counting these dubious loans against his tax bill I am not an accountant but my mate is and this is what he thought Cashley was doing.Also, doesn't Ashley own all the physical assets and players of the club, so how is payment described as a loan? Or does NUFC actually own itself and we put up with the patronising disrespect for the fun of it?

Ashley and his Cohorts OUT NOW!!!!!

25-09-2013 12:31 PM
Pazman Offline
Part Of The Furniture

so on the one hand you have the club saying they havnt dipped into tv money or paid any more to ashley, then psrdew saying if they spent money they would be in overdraft, it just doesn't add up
25-09-2013 01:11 PM
gossie_leg_end Offline
Senior Pro

very shortsighted

so they want to stay in mid table mediocrity band not win anything at all.

if they think we can sustain this for any length of time they have another thing coming.

fans are already walking with their feet, and more will follow. I have never been so incensed. i will nevere ever buy another cup match ticket, and may shelve the season ticket too.

are they going to be able to afford or indeed attract the calibre of player required to sustain their mid table mediocrity when the stadium is half empty, and they no longer show them as often on the tele.

their income is going to drop year in year out

feckin idiots

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
25-09-2013 01:46 PM
Spoof Offline
there's only one valid opinion-mine

I shelved my season ticket for the first time in an age for this season, it broke my heart to do so as you can all imagine, but after this, which is basically the club being honest and telling us point blank that they have no intention of competing and also making it clear that Cups do not interest them as they are not money spinners, which will put pressure on Pardew to play weakened teams to help towards the more lucrative tv money which Premier league survival brings, then I have to say that I feel justified and feel that I am correct with the decision which I made, for those who still have a season ticket please do not take this as me having a go at yourselves, that is not the case and never will be, what this is, is myself and my way of dealing with what I find to be a total disregard and a belief that I will hand over my cash to the club come what may, for me as with many others I have reached the point of no return, and no return is how it will be for me until that man is out of our club, as sad and as upsetting as it is, this is what I feel I must do, for my own self esteem if nothing else, but as I said, this is me and not how I believe others should feel or act, we are all different.
25-09-2013 02:43 PM