This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relegation, would you take it, if offered ?
Spoof Offline
there's only one valid opinion-mine

Relegation, would you take it, if offered ?
Wanting your team to get relegated is extreme, very extreme, but below I have copied a couple of my own posts on how and why I would welcome it.

If defeat on Saturday is the start of us spiralling into the Championship, then I will be a Hammer's supporter for the day, reading the entirety of this thread is enough reason for me to feel justified in saying what I am, money is all that Ashley cares about, take away the Premier league cash and he may be off to Rangers, its a massive risk but what do we have to lose, all we have to look forward to is more and more of this depression which Ashley brings us, and personally I could do without it.

Come on the hammers, and good luck to Fulham, hope you do a North-east away double !

I totally agree blue, but what are the choices, 4/5/6 years of non premier league football but with it a hope that things could, not would but could improve, or more of this certainty that we will never succeed with what we have, apart from the odd Pboro the remaining Newcastle fans which has got to be well over 95% of them are depressed when it comes to their football team, we do not have a future with this man, that is abundantly clear, give me relegation and let the leech depress the Glasgow Rangers supporters rather than us, Newcastle has for most periods been a depressing team to support, hope is for the best part all we have had, at present we don't even have that.

As extreme as I am being, I hope you understand my reasonings for my wish, but what I would like to know what others see for the future and what you would wish for in the the hope of finally getting something to get excited about, I accept that I may be way over the top in what I wish for, but what other way is there in our hope of improving.
21-08-2013 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SirLes9 Offline
Part Of The Furniture

RE: Relegation, would you take it, if offered ?
I wouldn't take relegation for a start.

The last time we went down, I actually enjoyed the season, but that may have been down to the fact that it was nailed on that we would come straight up once we'd played a few games.
We kept the players and Ashley was forced to stay as he would lose too much if he walked away.
I do not however, go along with the theory that he bankrolled the club while we were down.
There was shitloads of money coming in to the club still.

If we went down again, I don't think he would worry too much about us.
He has made money from us from day 1.
In some respects his remaining losses have been written off and he is still a very wealthy man.

What is to stop him from giving us the ultimate kick in the bollox and allowing us to go under?
He has no feeling for us or the club so he wouldn't even flinch.

The sad fact is that we are maybe saddled with him until HE decides to go.
By which time there will probably be very little left in terms of the spirit of the club.
He has destroyed most of that already.

Protests will do nothing either as the man has skin thicker than an elephants foreskin.

I have never been a fan of foreign investors, but I'm sure there is someone out there who would love to buy this great club.
Convincing the fat man to sell may just be too difficult a task though.

I think we make enough sacrifices under this clown without having to sacrifice our league position as well.

"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
21-08-2013 02:13 PM
Spoof Offline

What yourself and others seem to forget, is a failure to realise that Newcastle are not a separate identity from Mike Ashley and Sports Direct, if for whatever reason the auditors came in too make us bankrupt then Mike Ashley and Sports Direct would have to do the same, realistically that will not happen, Sports Direct are still growing and getting stronger, so unless Sports Direct and Mike Ashley are going to go bust then we have nothing to fear, this also applies to the alleged debt which we have, Mike Ashley and Sports Direct do not have an overdraft, as a result neither do we, there is no fear of us going bust with Ashley as our owner, unless Sports Direct goes belly up, which seems unlikely. Do not listen to these who harp on about a £65m or a £130m debt, it does not exist, the fact that MA may increase the selling price by £130m to get his money back is another subject, but that has nothing to do with the clubs finances.
21-08-2013 02:33 PM
Pazman Offline
Part Of The Furniture

no spoof, newcastle and sports direct are 2 different companies and are treat as such. in fact mike ashley does not fully own sports direct anymore but is a majority shareholder.

if Newcastle go under it wont have any effect on sports direct and vice versa
21-08-2013 05:25 PM
thecorner Offline
Senior Pro

Can't think of anyone I know who in their right mind would want us to go down just to feck Ashley off
Crazy idea

WAM / GBYH / SMB
21-08-2013 08:17 PM
Milburn11 Offline
Senior Pro

Not on your nelly

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own !
21-08-2013 08:53 PM
Papillon Offline
Senior Pro

This is a case of being careful what you wish for.
Ashley may have no passion or interest in what happens to NUFC, but he will not lose out. Even if he did just walk away and we were relegated and in the mire. He doesn't really lose out if he doesn't get his money back. Its peanuts to him.

We lose out. Always us.
21-08-2013 09:17 PM
Spoof Offline

(21-08-2013 08:17 PM)thecorner Wrote:  Can't think of anyone I know who in their right mind would want us to go down just to feck Ashley off
Crazy idea

Thats a bit harsh especially when you consider that it is not Ashley who is paramount in my reasonings but myself as a fan is the reason why I would take relegation, if you are content with accepting what we have and accept the fact that it will never change as long as the leech is the owner then good for you.

What I want is rid of Ashley as we are going nowhere with him, if it takes relegation to improve us then so be it, if your happy to have the biggest majority of fans depressed so we can continue to fund Ashley's pocket whilst having the knowledge that we will win naff all then you should be looking at yourself and asking just who is in their right minds.

Its not a crazy idea m8, it may be a desperate idea, but its not crazy, crazy is accepting what we have as being ok.

(21-08-2013 09:17 PM)Papillon Wrote:  This is a case of being careful what you wish for.
Ashley may have no passion or interest in what happens to NUFC, but he will not lose out. Even if he did just walk away and we were relegated and in the mire. He doesn't really lose out if he doesn't get his money back. Its peanuts to him.

We lose out. Always us.

I don't care what happens to him, if he walks away after losing £200m, so what I'm not bothered, if he walks away after making £200m, so what I'm not bothered, all I want when it comes to my football team is to have something to look forward to and to have some hope, at present I don't have either and if it takes a relegation to get that back then I would jump at it, granted we could get relegated and still be lumbered with him, but with the extortionate price he has allegedly valued the club at a forced sale through relegation seems more of a possibility than a buyout as we currently stand.
21-08-2013 09:51 PM
Boydie Offline
Administrator

I would never accept relegation ever.....for a club like ours it's unacceptable.if we went down with the squad we have now who won't even fight in the PL we'll never come back up.This bunch of bottlers couldn't fight even if their wives were being raped ffs.
21-08-2013 11:17 PM
Spoof Offline

(21-08-2013 11:17 PM)Boydie Wrote:  I would never accept relegation ever.....for a club like ours it's unacceptable.if we went down with the squad we have now who won't even fight in the PL we'll never come back up.This bunch of bottlers couldn't fight even if their wives were being raped ffs.

I understand what you and almost everyone else is saying, especially when it comes to the chances of coming straight back up, to be honest thats the whole point for me, what we have is not good enough but as long as we fill the stadium and remain in the Premier league then last season is going to be the norm, and for me thats purgatory, go down get rid of the owner, manager the whole lot of them and start afresh could bring success, a club with our potential could soon be challenging again with the right people installed.

It could back fire and we end up being worse than what we currently are but would what we have now be a miss, we are awful, why accept it ?

As extreme as it is, I honestly would take relegation, it would hurt but at the same time there would be just a little bit of hope, that tiny glimmer being Ashley leaving with the faint hope that it will improve under a new owner, am I clutching at straws, perhaps I am but it is better than grasping at nothingness which is what we are currently doing ?
22-08-2013 09:54 AM