This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Forum stats Reload
Latest posts
TopicDate, time Last SenderForum
  Wasted Food. Today, 12:06Geordie1General Chat
  Brighton away Today, 08:54MickNewcastle Uni...
  Ranieri sacked Yesterday, 21:54positive pedroOther Teams
  Rafa really? Yesterday, 12:07MickNewcastle Uni...
  Bristol Match Highlights Yesterday, 11:48MickNewcastle Uni...
  Fans Forum. Yesterday, 11:31SirLes9Newcastle Uni...
  Next three. Yesterday, 10:06mickyquinnstacheNewcastle Uni...
  Booing Yesterday, 09:57mickyquinnstacheNewcastle Uni...
  Bristol City (h) 02-26, 14:11CiatmolNewcastle Uni...
  Brighton 02-26, 08:34Sir Kevin KeeganOther Teams
  Dwight Gayle 02-24, 20:57positive pedroNewcastle Uni...
  colback 02-24, 14:13davytoonNewcastle Uni...
  Huddersfield 02-23, 17:53Geordie1Other Teams
  Stating The Obvious 02-23, 17:48Geordie1Newcastle Uni...
  Week 26 - Predictions Lea... 02-23, 13:46MickMick's UTD111...
  Rafa signings 02-22, 17:12NazgulNewcastle Uni...
  New Flag 02-21, 14:01mickyquinnstacheNewcastle Uni...
Top posters
Boydie 11591
Mick 10722
SirLes9 6733
Gos 6493
Sir Kevin Keegan 5822
Pazman 5583
positive pedro 4926
Ciatmol 3802
pboromag 3218
Monty Don 2841
cg40k 2720
mickyquinnstache 2279
arfa the mag 2123
Tinyclanger16 1941
Nige_S4 1685
bluebayou 1626
Michael 1560
tattyheed 1531
Most views
  Sign De Jong!... 277741
  mbiwa to save... 200464
  defensive dil... 197467
  Pardew speaks... 167608
  Nolan 165542
  Season Ticket... 161791
  ref subbed fo... 134669
  the debt we o... 120361
  Relegation, w... 116254
  Clueless 105039
  whats wrong .... 75820
  Fans Forum!!!... 72527
  what more can... 71093
  January trans... 53803
  Summer transf... 41436
  Remy 40273
  Time for chan... 27977
  newcastle v a... 20944

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
whats wrong ...my take .
Sir Kevin Keegan Offline
Part Of The Furniture

whats wrong ...my take .
the players have lost any faith in pardew .and the reason i think is and one of my only faults with pardew is not having the bottle to drop high profile players .now then some on here will not like this but hear me out ,tiote has been in poor form this season /yet still plays when fit ,never gets dropped .jonas has been in very poor form this season / yet plays when fit or injured .now im not just picking on these 2 players and its not a jonas /tiote witch hunt .there are problems in the squad and i want to know whats going on .id rather pardew drops a player when out of form ,now i know what your going to say ,we have not got cover ,but yes we have its a squad game.
there are 25 in the squad all pro footballers ,they can all play for 90 minutes ,other teams put young kids in to the side so why can we not .if your saying we cant play kids in the teaM LOOK AT YOUNG BIGI .he played a blinder .marveaux looks like a class act now hes getting a game .theres a problem at the club with pardew and the players im telling you .
30-12-2012 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pboromag Offline
Account not Activated

RE: whats wrong ...my take .
to be fair to jonas he has been injured a long time

tiote has always been very hit and miss

he has allways been criticised for giving the ball away
30-12-2012 10:03 AM
Sir Kevin Keegan Offline
Part Of The Furniture

(30-12-2012 10:03 AM)pboromag Wrote:  to be fair to jonas he has been injured a long time

tiote has always been very hit and miss

he has allways been criticised for giving the ball away
thats what im saying mate ,jonas should have been dropped a long time ago but when hes fit or not pardew plays him .we should have rested /dropped him and played some one else .instead pardew has played and played him .
30-12-2012 10:09 AM
pboromag Offline
Account not Activated

i agree

he said at the beggining the youngsters would have to step up when given the chance they have, maybe not the first game but they all have when given the chance

when the team picks itself it is good enough as it did last season

when it needs managing and big decisions made he has proved time and again he is less tahn capable

even last season we all questioned his substitutions

this season we are still doing it yesterday was a prime example

so why play injured players out of position
30-12-2012 10:18 AM
Sir Kevin Keegan Offline
Part Of The Furniture

id rather go in to a match with playing someone else for that game than risking further injury to the unfit player .you can fill a gap with the younger /squad players that is why we have a squad .
30-12-2012 10:22 AM
Geordie1 Online
Senior Pro

Howay lads the TOON will come good how many teams in the prem bar the bought ones could cope with all the injurys we have sustained so far this season?

Just in case anyone forgot. We are currently missing:

Cabaye
Jonas
Anita
HBA
Saylor
Raylor
Gosling
Vuckic

Arguably six starters.

"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
30-12-2012 10:28 AM
Gos Offline
Administrator

young players need to be introduced to a team gradually, one at a time and when the team is doing well, not en masse because we are short of quality, getting a battering from the opposition is not good for their confidence, or for the fans Sad

I agree that pardew seems to favour certain players but then so do most managers, the trouble is he might be seeing great stuff on the training ground but that is not the same as facing a rampant arsenal side.

the problem for me is purely a lack of decent defenders, we dont have proper cover, perch is not a centre back, he just doesnt have the required skills, colo turns like a tanker and needs someone alongside him with pace and presence colo is better when he is not trying to cover for the other centre back AND both full backs, perhaps this is why pardew persists with jonas because he is good at tracking back and helping the full back.

perch, santon, simmo and colo were all shocking yesterday

[Image: av_188095jpgmodfather.jpg]
30-12-2012 10:29 AM
GhostfaceKillah Offline
Regular

(30-12-2012 10:28 AM)Geordie1 Wrote:  Howay lads the TOON will come good how many teams in the prem bar the bought ones could cope with all the injurys we have sustained so far this season?

Cabaye
Jonas
Anita
HBA
Saylor
Raylor
Gosling
Vuckic

Arguably six starters.

Yeah and they haven't been missing all season long. Cabaye was no where near the form he reached last season before he got injured. We became too reliant on Ben Arfa so his form dipped before he got injured. Guti has been poor all season long. Vuckic has done nothing to suggest he is anything other than average at best, likewise Gosling; who along with Steven Taylor is ridiculously injury prone. half that list are players we can't rely on anyway and the other half have all played in large parts of this season.

The fact is, we have been poor all season long, apart from odd 20 minute spells here and there we have been consistently under performing. To put a list if injured players out as a reason for our poor form is misleading at best and ill informed at worst.

The 1st team players you list above have all played their part in our abysmal season to date. When you have so many players not performing to the levels they are capable then there is only one man culpable and that's the manager. Pardew has lost elements of the dressing room and we are plodding along expecting it to just work itself out... and it won't.
30-12-2012 10:51 AM
Papillon Offline
Senior Pro

Whats wrong?......We support the Toon thats whats wrong!!!
30-12-2012 10:51 AM
pboromag Offline
Account not Activated

(30-12-2012 10:51 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 10:28 AM)Geordie1 Wrote:  Howay lads the TOON will come good how many teams in the prem bar the bought ones could cope with all the injurys we have sustained so far this season?

Cabaye
Jonas
Anita
HBA
Saylor
Raylor
Gosling
Vuckic

Arguably six starters.

Yeah and they haven't been missing all season long. Cabaye was no where near the form he reached last season before he got injured. We became too reliant on Ben Arfa so his form dipped before he got injured. Guti has been poor all season long. Vuckic has done nothing to suggest he is anything other than average at best, likewise Gosling; who along with Steven Taylor is ridiculously injury prone. half that list are players we can't rely on anyway and the other half have all played in large parts of this season.

The fact is, we have been poor all season long, apart from odd 20 minute spells here and there we have been consistently under performing. To put a list if injured players out as a reason for our poor form is misleading at best and ill informed at worst.

The 1st team players you list above have all played their part in our abysmal season to date. When you have so many players not performing to the levels they are capable then there is only one man culpable and that's the manager. Pardew has lost elements of the dressing room and we are plodding along expecting it to just work itself out... and it won't.

clapclapclapclap
another great post ghosty

we wont get a manager though according to some
30-12-2012 11:45 AM