This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nolan
Boydie Offline
Administrator

Nolan
Irrelevant of what you think of him and how old he is.....he gets in great positions and gets tons of goals.We have plenty of craft and trickery but if you look at bodies in box when balls come in.....it's embarrassing.He always gets into goal scoring positions and i think he has 6 for wet spam already.Don't we neec a midfielder that bursts into the box i.e Beardsley.....we seem to have skill but no desire to get in the box!!!!!!!
12-11-2012 01:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluebayou Offline
Top Player

RE: Nolan
I assume that is one reason why we can't play Ba as a lone striker right now: because we have no midfielders prepared to consistently run beyond him or who would poach enough goals?
I was never particularly keen on watching Nolan: slow, disappears for huge portions of the game, hardly figures in midfield, looks unfit, etc., but you cannot deny the importance of his goals in any team that he plays for and the quality of his instinctive play in the opposition penalty area.
12-11-2012 11:39 AM
Pazman Offline
Part Of The Furniture

I think he would work great in a midfield 3 with tiote and cabaye
12-11-2012 12:08 PM
SirLes9 Offline
Part Of The Furniture

Personally, I think it only really works for him now in the Fat Sam school of football science.
There is no need to run around and tire himself out. Just stand there and wait for the long ball to be flicked in his direction.
The difference between him playing here and him playing there is that he gets the service.
If you remember, we were accused of being a long ball team when we had Carroll and Nolan.
Many of us complained about our lack of quality as well.
Is that all we really want from our team?

"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
12-11-2012 12:43 PM
Gos Offline
Administrator

respect to him for not celebrating the goal yep

[Image: av_188095jpgmodfather.jpg]
12-11-2012 12:46 PM
Pazman Offline
Part Of The Furniture

at the end of the day if it gets results then I'm all for it
12-11-2012 12:56 PM
positive pedro Offline
Legend

(12-11-2012 12:46 PM)Gos Wrote:  respect to him for not celebrating the goal yep

Yes agreee there goss he also clapped us at the end.As for him the player he is a difficult one to like or hate i agree he looks slow and goes missing but he also has the greatest gift in football he scores fecking goals.By the way he looked fitter for west ham than he did for us.I would of liked him to stay as i think it was mentioned he would work well in our current midfield.

Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
12-11-2012 07:20 PM
SirLes9 Offline
Part Of The Furniture

I'm not going to say peoples opinions have changed, but I find the comments about Nolan quite interesting.
Last season, when we were doing well and our midfield was generally excellent, everyone seemed glad that we had got rid of the likes of Nolan and Barton.
Now, when things aren't as good and we are struggling generally and also struggling in front of goal, people are saying they wish we still had Nolan!
We probably wish we still had Enrique given his mom showing on Sunday.
We probably wish we still had Carroll given his hold up play etc on Sunday.
But thats football, players move on and so do supporters.
I dare say if any of them were to pull on a black and white strip again there would be people saying they wish they had stayed away.
Its a funny old game as some sad old cockney git used to sayBig Grin

"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
13-11-2012 07:27 AM
Nazgul Offline
Left Back (In the Changing Rooms)

Like him or not, fair play for not celebrating the goal an applauding the crowd. Always be a Toon Legend for me, came good, never slagged us, can't really ask much more from an Ex player IMO
14-11-2012 05:25 PM
cg40k Offline
NUFC is my religion

he is great in the box and for poaching goals but not much else IMO. Always liked him but dont really miss him. Was glad to see him not celebrate as I think none of us really cared to see him go but probably werent that upset about it either. Good luck to him for the rest of the season.
14-11-2012 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply