Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italy ?????
Whats our chances here? Can we beat them? Wheres their strengths and weaknesses? I personally because of work shifts haven't had an opportunity to watch the Italians so would like a bit of feedback.
I think England stands a 50/50 chance of beating Italy. Italy are tight, don't give much away but I don't think they have too many goals in them. England used up a fair quota of their luck against Ukraine so they might have to win the next match on merit instead.
It was always gonna be difficult if we got to this stage but i think with a lot of luck we have a chance.Remember Greece....nobody gave them a chance.
(20-06-2012, 10:29 PM)Boydie Wrote: Whats our chances here? Can we beat them? Wheres their strengths and weaknesses? I personally because of work shifts haven't had an opportunity to watch the Italians so would like a bit of feedback.

The problem for us is that Italy are so well organised in defence that you need to be creative to break them down unless we get some free kicks in good areas. We're just too predictable and not creative enough to get that many chances.

Saying that I'm going for a 3 - 1 win to England!!
Right from the off, I've tipped Italy to win the Euros

Don't see England being anywhere near good enough to trouble them
we just have to hope balotelli has an off day if he plays, think he will be the main threat, think it will be a draw and we will lose on pens
I dont think italy could cope with andy carroll but I doubt hodgson will start him Sad
I agree start with Rooney and Carroll and have Walcott and Young bombing down the flanks and hopefully get some balls into the box.
i'm going to go against some of you here and say drop young and play oxlade-chamberlain with walcott on the other wing and rooney and carroll up top like boydie suggested
(21-06-2012, 08:56 PM)Boydie Wrote: I agree start with Rooney and Carroll and have Walcott and Young bombing down the flanks and hopefully get some balls into the box.

And with Young there'll be free kicks or at least plenty of attempts to win them.