Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer transfer rumours...in here folks.
Rumour today that Man City are looking at making a bid for Colloccini.
Could be a possibility I suppose. Wages and lack of sell on value will mean nothing to them.
Of all the players I was worried about losing this summer, he wasn't one of them.
Hope it comes to nothing but not sure you could blame him if he was interested.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(26-06-2012, 09:01 AM)SirLes9 Wrote: Rumour today that Man City are looking at making a bid for Colloccini.
Could be a possibility I suppose. Wages and lack of sell on value will mean nothing to them.
Of all the players I was worried about losing this summer, he wasn't one of them.
Hope it comes to nothing but not sure you could blame him if he was interested.

I read that too but the story seemed a bit nonsense to me, they want him to replace lescott, who is younger, english (think quotas) and playing out of his skin at the moment.

its just not adding up for me, no quotes, no substance, just comes across as mischief making by some hack :aaagh:
toon interested in toivonen.

According to Dutch football website Voetbal International, Newcastle are the latest club to approach Swedish agent Martin Dahlin and declare an interest in Toivonen.

German side Borussia Mönchengladbach have previously been linked with the 25-year old Sweden forward. VI’s PSV journalist Thijs Slegers confirmed NUFC’s interest to @nufcfans on Twitter.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to bolster his strike options with Peter Lovenkrands released and Leon Best seemingly on his way out of the club.

There is also a big question mark over the future of Senegalese hitman Demba Ba. Pardew has seen FC Twente reject a first bid for Luuk de Jong and there have been strong reports of a follow up bid.

Toivonen has impressed a number of Premier League clubs with his hot goalscoring form in the Eredivisie. Spurs, Sunderland and Liverpool were linked with him January.

Signed from Malmo in 2009, Toivonen has scored 71 goals in 159 games. He scored 18 in 27 games last season. Despite starting his career as a targetman, Toivonen has become more of a second striker, playing in behind a main striker and picking up the second ball.

Any move for Toivonen will cost the Magpies up to €10million with the PSV captain contracted to Eindhoven until the summer of 2014.

Social Share
It's nice to be linked with players for sure, but I get the feeling we're being used as a stalking horse, to try an drive up the price tag. HAd to happen I suppose, given our astute transfer dealings over the past 18 mths or so, we're being used as a bench mark by clubs and Agengts alike!
we were linked with Toivonen in the last window and nowt happened,i think it's just agents and clubs throwing players in the shop window.
Heres the rumors of in's and out's so far this month according to all the media.

In's and Outs for June.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/27/...-cisse-ba/
Usual crock of sh*t Arfa. I'm sure they just make this stuff up. Lets face it, we will end up signing players we never thought of and the press have no idea who!
Reise Allassani a midfielder from Crystal Palace been linked with us,he's only 16 and is highly thought of,currently in the England under 16's.

Have a look at this effort he scored for England u16's

Junior Hoillet being touted as a done deal by press and a lot of Blackburn fans.
Free transfer and probably a decent wage going his way.
Would be a good signing if it turns out to be true.
Strong rumour is that he will sign tomorrow after medical.

Downside is, he is a cheating, diving tw*t. But then he would be our cheating diving tw*t so that eases the problem I guess:yep:
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.