Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January transfer rumour thread.
I’m hopeful that the sale is still on and i hope that this is a sign of it but i don’t really believe one thing means the other. The truth is that Ashley doesn’t spend money unless he absolutely has to. We were unable to get a fee for any of our outgoing players so there was no way he was going to buy anyone. My theory is that he wouldn’t bring anyone in because the squad was full and he refuses to pay wages for senior squad members when they wont be able to play (he must be well pissed that colback was out of the squad as it was anyway). When we were bidding for joregenson we thought mitro was off to brighton, when that collapsed due to the low bid our bid collapsed. It was clear both mitro and woodman had loans arranged before we organised our new striker and keeper. Getting shot of colback, saivet and sterry short term gave ashley something to smile about but left us short of midfield options given that saivet has had a couple of games. We looked at a defender on loan when it looked like mbemba might go to anderlecht too but let that go when nothing materialised with the outgoing. And we brought in kenedy but let aarons go.
I believe that If we had sold mitro for 15m we’d have bought jorgenson.

Anyway after that ramble i don’t think loans only means a sale is on i just think it was Ashleys usual tight arse self, like for like incomings and outgoings. Not that that means the sale isn’t still on.