Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling commentator Jerry Lawler collapses
Legendary wrestling commentator Jerry 'The King' Lawler collapsed at a World Wrestling Entertainment event on Monday night.
The veteran wrestler was taken to hospital with a suspected stroke or heart attack after collapsing at the announcers' table during a fight in Montreal.
Broadcast partner Michael Cole addressed the WWE television audience and said that the situation is 'serious' but that Mr Lawler is breathing on his own.

After the accident, Mr Cole tweeted: 'His condition has stabilized. He's breathing on his own, and his heart is beating on its own.'
The commentator is believed to be awaiting a CAT scan which will enable doctors to give him a prognosis.
Major figures from the world of wrestling took to Twitter to wish Mr Lawler a full and speedy recovery.
Jim Ross, a former broadcast partner of the commentator, wrote: 'I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless.'
The Iron Sheik said: 'God bless the Jerry Lawler I love him forever.'
And former WCW champion Diamond Dallas Page tweeted: 'Stay Strong KING @JerryLawler my prayers are with you bro'.
After Mr Lawler's collapse, the scheduled match continued, but without commentary, casting an eerie cloud on proceedings.
[Image: Sexy-webcam-girl-dancing.gif?]
always sad to see news like this but at least he's alive, I used to be a big wrestling fan but then I grew up
(11-09-2012, 12:04 PM)Pazman Wrote: always sad to see news like this but at least he's alive, I used to be a big wrestling fan but then I grew up

I used to like the wrestling when Bret (hitman) Hart was in it, lawler was one of his enemies ahh well that was a long time ago dont watch it anymore. LOL!LOL!

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

It's all just acting y'know....huh?

LOL!LOL!LOL!
(12-09-2012, 09:06 AM)Mick Wrote: It's all just acting y'know....huh?

LOL!LOL!LOL!

thats why i stopped watching, it became predictable, but acting aside, there was nothing 'fake' about jerry lawler collapsing
(12-09-2012, 10:20 AM)Pazman Wrote:

LOL!LOL!LOL!

thats why i stopped watching, it became predictable, but acting aside, there was nothing 'fake' about jerry lawler collapsing

I always knew it was fake, but I thought to make it look like you hit someone etc made it more skillful to watch, to make it look like they did the stuff, but they obviously did it with out damage to each other no real hitting etc.

Think to throw a punch is easy, but to throw it and then stop just before contact, or if it did hit it was not real, took more skill than just throwing it.
So fake or not I always felt they deserve there success.

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

LOL!LOL!LOL!

Just acting?! JUST ACTING?! As an old thesp I'm offended! LOL! Tongue LOL!

anyway fake isn't really the word to use here, sure it's not a sport as the outcome is generally known in advance but these guys go through a lot and are generally extremely fit and athletic. Knowing that it's something which is worked out and often rehearsed shouldn't diminish the respect we show these people or the enjoyment we get from watching it, in the same way that watching a film, play, concert or dance show isn't effected by this knowledge.

My only gripe with the WWE is that Vince didn't buy out Ashley as the rumours suggested. I'd love to see the Undertaker vs Llambias, hell in a cell on the centre circle at St James'. Heck I'd swim from here to see that!
:007:

Anyway best wishes to Jerry. I had a lot of fun listening to him and Jim back in the day.