Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watford (h)
Kieran Trippier is expected to feature against Watford and become the 248th player to do so for the club in the Premier League. Fellow new arrival Chris Wood will push that total on one more.

Callum Wilson and Isaac Hayden remain unavailable due to injury, with Federico Fernandez yet to resume training. Both Jamal Lewis and Paul Dummett are back in training but not expected to start.

News on the availability of Dwight Gayle, Ciaran Clark and Fabian Schar is awaited, but Jamaal Lascelles is back training.

Javier Manquillo will belatedly serve the one match suspension triggered by his fifth PL booking of the season against Manchester United.

No news on whether Dubravka is fit to play.

Howay the Lads!

[Image: trips-and-woody.jpg]

[Image: watford.jpg]
Simply put I dont know if we can afford to draw or lose this one
(15-01-2022, 04:34 PM)cg40k Wrote: Simply put I dont know if we can afford to draw or lose this one

Especially as Norwich are leading Everton 2-0!
Agent Benitez doing his best to drag another team into the relegation zone

In Rafa we trust

Meanwhile, the toothless Toon's problems are still there - need to be able to score goals regularly

Hopefully Eddie will sort it out at half time
It’s the same old story. Lots of possession but we haven’t tested their keeper once. ‘Chances’ missed, and Woods not getting enough service to do owt . Oh and Shelvey on a yellow could see us down to ten! 
If they score first, we lose.
We score first!
Season over?  I don't think so, but it's sadly all too predictable.
Its going to be really hard to see a way forward after this draw baring some massive change in team form.
The problem is in the middle of the park.  Although, overall, Shelvey has being playing well of late (by his own admittedly low standards), it was noticeable how nervous he became when we scored.  He started sitting deeper, making short meaningless passes that did nothing to take off pressure and he also looked out of puff with 15 - 20 minutes to go.  For long periods in the game, I completely forgot that Longstaff was there and he continues to look like a liability wherever he is on the park.  Joelinton on the other hand, did all the heavy lifting that was done in our midfield today, but he can't be everywhere and towards the end of the game he obviously covered less ground.  If we could get new blood in midfield and keep some of the pressure off our defence, we might just be able to see games like this out.  Without a new midfield set-up, I can't see us staying up; if Eddie Howe continues to believe that Jonjo Shelvey is the answer to anything, I can't see us staying up either.