Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arsenal....
I seriously dont know anymore how this team stays up.
I think we're down.  Worryingly, I think Howe got the tactics wrong for this one; we basically did what we have been doing all season, which hasn't worked.  We also needed more energy in midfield, so Miggy should have started in my opinion.  I also have to say that I think if Dubravka had shown more courage, there's a good chance their second goal doesn't go in.  Shelvey, who did OK, was obviously fucked well before he got pulled so maybe it was a gamble leaving him on so long.  Krafth always looks busy but achieves very little.  Very disappointing and I'm afraid terminal.  There's no doubt we will be the richest club in the Championship next season; the damage has been done by Ashley and Bruce, I'm afraid, but I have every confidence that Howe will bring us straight back up.
(27-11-2021, 04:42 PM)Eeeeen Wrote: I think we're down.  Worryingly, I think Howe got the tactics wrong for this one; we basically did what we have been doing all season, which hasn't worked.  We also needed more energy in midfield, so Miggy should have started in my opinion.  I also have to say that I think if Dubravka had shown more courage, there's a good chance their second goal doesn't go in.  Shelvey, who did OK, was obviously fucked well before he got pulled so maybe it was a gamble leaving him on so long.  Krafth always looks busy but achieves very little.  Very disappointing and I'm afraid terminal.  There's no doubt we will be the richest club in the Championship next season; the damage has been done by Ashley and Bruce, I'm afraid, but I have every confidence that Howe will bring us straight back up.

I agree with all this 100%
Tried not to be too down about it, let's get real, we would've been ecstatic with a point, which says it all. I get the scoreline isn't the real bugbear and the performance stank of Bruce in large parts, but again, being realistic, 3 weeks of Howe, away to a team pushing for 4th place, having not won all season, what did we expect?! Good news from the game is that Dubravka is back and both Lacelles and Ritchie are missing for Tuesday night. If Lacelles and Ritchie continue to play, and Howe persist with Shelvey and Willock, it is goodnight Vienna. However bringing Fernandez back in, and hopefully bringing Almiron/Hayden back into the team, at home, will make the difference.

The next 2 games are defining moments for our season, fail to win them both and I do think we are beyond recovery. It's as simple as needing 6 points from these two games, and hoping other results go our way.
(27-11-2021, 04:42 PM)Eeeeen Wrote: I think we're down.  Worryingly, I think Howe got the tactics wrong for this one; we basically did what we have been doing all season, which hasn't worked.  We also needed more energy in midfield, so Miggy should have started in my opinion.  I also have to say that I think if Dubravka had shown more courage, there's a good chance their second goal doesn't go in.  Shelvey, who did OK, was obviously fucked well before he got pulled so maybe it was a gamble leaving him on so long.  Krafth always looks busy but achieves very little.  Very disappointing and I'm afraid terminal.  There's no doubt we will be the richest club in the Championship next season; the damage has been done by Ashley and Bruce, I'm afraid, but I have every confidence that Howe will bring us straight back up.

Yes, when the money flows in, there will be a serious transformation of the team. Not much left to wait for, compared to the years of poor results. I really want to see the transformation next season.