Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amanda appreciation thread
[Image: 9104-E37-E-0-FA4-40-C6-8-D31-BB3-C3-A4-C...5005-c.jpg]
[Image: 2-AC16-A28-1129-421-D-AF2-B-976-E3-AC3-C53-C.jpg]
[Image: 429807-D9-0-CEC-4-A96-B44-E-D8-E3383-DFC74.jpg]
I've noticed a bit of hatred and jealousy from other clubs being focused on how our Mandy looks. 

They compare her to the lion in the wizard of oz and that's a mainstream paper The daily mail.

It's sick and out of order she's got a condition ( Huntington's disease ) and yet these vipers are disgusting.

[Image: 50378337-10192923-Mail_reader_Dave_Smith...970558.jpg]
(14-11-2021, 12:25 AM)Boydie Wrote: I've noticed a bit of hatred and jealousy from other clubs being focused on how our Mandy looks. 

They compare her to the lion in the wizard of oz and that's a mainstream paper The daily mail.

It's sick and out of order she's got a condition ( Huntington's disease )  and yet these vipers are disgusting.

I have submitted a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) condemning the Daily Mail and their blatant disgraceful photo imaging of Amanda Stavely when the whole country is trying to rid itself of Stereo Profiling, Racism, On-Line Abuse to name but a few. Well, I just received an update telling me that they agree and are now awaiting the Daily Mails response before implementing any action. So watch this space.
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(18-11-2021, 11:37 AM)Geordie1 Wrote:
(14-11-2021, 12:25 AM)Boydie Wrote: I've noticed a bit of hatred and jealousy from other clubs being focused on how our Mandy looks. 

It's sick and out of order she's got a condition ( Huntington's disease )  and yet these vipers are disgusting.

I have submitted a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) condemning the Daily Mail and their blatant disgraceful photo imaging of Amanda Stavely when the whole country is trying to rid itself of Stereo Profiling, Racism, On-Line Abuse to name but a few. Well, I just received an update telling me that they agree and are now awaiting the Daily Mails response before implementing any action. So watch this space.

Great stuff - well done mate  notworthy notworthy notworthy
Well done Geordie! It's a sad state of affairs when the MSM thinks it's acceptable to adopt  the  shameful practices used by  trolls who infest social media platforms.  Bart
Best quote from George Caulkin, Craig Hope etc at the True Faith event:

“While all this was going on, we were all in Amanda Staveley’s bedroom at the Jesmond Dene Hotel…..”

Eyes
Well, I have received an update from the ISPO which I will leave underneath however it seems that they are looking after the Daily Mail and not the public concerns in this are we surprised? erm, no anyway take a look for yourselves and tell me if I should appeal or do something else.

Molly Richards <molly.richards@ipso.co.uk>
To:Molly Richards
Cc:Managingeditor@dailymail.co.uk

Mon, 22 Nov at 17:05

Dear Complainants,

I write further to our earlier email regarding your complaint about an article headlined “The Lookalikely Lass” published by Daily Mail on 12 November 2021.

The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) has received a number of complaints about this article. In order to be able to respond in a timely manner, we have prepared a response which addresses the various concerns raised by these complaints.

All complaints related to the article’s reference to a reader’s comparison of the director of Newcastle FC, Amanda Staveley’s physical appearance, with the lion from The Wizard of Oz. These concerns were framed under Clause 1 (Accuracy), Clause 3 (Harassment) and Clause 12 (Discrimination). Many complainants complained that Ms Staveley is known to have a degenerative disease and they believed this comparison was discriminatory because of her disability. As well as this, several complainants argued that the comparison was misogynistic, as men in similar positions would not be subject to derogatory comments about their appearance. Many complainants also believed a comparison of this nature was inaccurate, offensive, and constituted harassment towards Ms Staveley.

IPSO is able to consider complaints from an individual who has been personally and directly affected by the alleged breach of the Editors’ Code of Practice; complaints from a representative group affected by an alleged breach where there is a substantial public interest; and complaints from third parties about accuracy. However, in cases of third-party complaints about accuracy, we will need to consider the position of the party most closely involved. This requires us to consider, for example, whether we have a complaint from that person and, if we do not, whether it would be possible or appropriate for us to conduct and publish the outcome of an investigation without their involvement.

In this case the party directly affected by the alleged breaches was Amanda Staveley. As complainants were not complaining on her behalf as an authorised representative, we were not able to consider their complaints further. For clarity, this does not affect the ability of Ms Staveley to make a complaint on this point.

For more information about third party complaints and why we can decline to take them forward, this blog may be of interest.

Some complainants also complained under the Public Interest section of the Code. Complainants should be aware that individuals cannot complain under the Public Interest, instead this section allows for newspapers to publish stories that may engage certain Clauses of the Code, where there is a proportionate Public Interest.

You are entitled to request that the Executive’s decision to not take forward your complaint be reviewed by IPSO’s Complaints Committee. To do so you will need to write to us in the next seven days, setting out the reasons why you believe the decision should be reviewed. Please note that we are unable to accept requests for review made seven days after the date of this email.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider and respond to the points you have raised and we have shared this correspondence with the newspaper to make it aware of complainants’ concerns.

Best wishes,

Molly Richards

Cc

Daily Mail

[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=2]
[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=3]
[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=4]

[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=5]
[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=6]
[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=7]
[Image: thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen...true&pid=8]
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
To me, they seem to be saying “if Amanda hasn’t complained, we won’t be doing anything”

Sometimes making a fuss can be something the “victim” doesn’t want?

Maybe Mandy didn’t see it, or saw it but just moved on?

Mick