Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current playing staff
I've saw all the comments from current players concerning the takeover .... how they think it's brilliant etc ... such as Hayden, Shelvey, Wilson

I've also commented on a Toon group on facebook tonight about our current team and also got a like from our very own (old) member Gos.

Anyway this is what i said and i hope you all agree.......

I expect everyone of our players to run through brick walls from now until the end of the season to keep us in this league and also try and save their own necks. If anyone isn't prepared to do that then they don't deserve to be here

Also i hope that all our members that've been so pissed off about our club come back for a bit more banter #cans 
Nice one Boydie

Beer
Well said. I agree with your statement though honestly I cant see too many of the current squad staying. Wilsom, ASM, Lascelles, Willock. Maybe Almiron and Fraiser.

But thats if they spend big.
Yeah I agree Boydie, the players will get a natural lift from Free Willy swimming off to pastures new, so with a bit of extra effort as well, we should be able to stay up without huge investment this time around. It does depend a lot on Wilson being fit, or when he isn't, a round peg in a round hole instead of a winger up front and a winger who isn't good enough on the wing.

Would be nice to see people come back. I don't begrudge anyone who walked away, it was a depressing read most weeks, and I know I contributed a lot toward that, but it's just the way I felt about the club and everything surrounding it, like we all did.
(13-10-2021, 11:44 AM)cg40k Wrote: Well said. I agree with your statement though honestly I cant see too many of the current squad staying. Wilsom, ASM, Lascelles, Willock. Maybe Almiron and Fraiser.

Bearing in mind FFP, we either buy a few world class players (big internationals), or we take it steady and buy a lot of top-half-of-the-table players (Wilson, Willock type). Looking at what we've got now, I'd say the latter may be the best option as we've got a lot of mediocre players to offload. 

BTW I'd keep Dúbravka. Maybe when we've upgraded the training and medical facilities, we may even get more than half a season out of him in future.
(14-10-2021, 04:02 PM)Nige_S4 Wrote:
(13-10-2021, 11:44 AM)cg40k Wrote: Well said. I agree with your statement though honestly I cant see too many of the current squad staying. Wilsom, ASM, Lascelles, Willock. Maybe Almiron and Fraiser.

Bearing in mind FFP, we either buy a few world class players (big internationals), or we take it steady and buy a lot of top-half-of-the-table players (Wilson, Willock type). Looking at what we've got now, I'd say the latter may be the best option as we've got a lot of mediocre players to offload. 

BTW I'd keep Dúbravka. Maybe when we've upgraded the training and medical facilities, we may even get more than half a season out of him in future.

Thats also a fair point about training and medical facilities Nige we've been stuck in the dark ages for too long.