Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at the muck in ere.
This girl will make sure a good spring (winter) clean is done.

Amanda Staveley on the Newcastle takeover [Image: 1f5e3.png]

The training ground is really awful. There’s no point having fantastic players if there’s nowhere suitable for them to train. St James’ Park also needs a little bit more love. PIF have great ambition , this is a long-term investment.
I seriously could see us not spending hugely in January and focusing on the training ground and the stadium. Lord knows it needs it
(11-10-2021, 03:14 PM)cg40k Wrote: I seriously could see us not spending hugely in January and focusing on the training ground and the stadium. Lord knows it needs it

Not sure.  So far today I've read that in January we are signing Harry Kane, Courtinio, Ramsey, Baggio, Jimmy Greaves and Nile Ranger.  Going to be some team....
She has commented on the training facilities before, it was something Rafa was keen on improving but told to put up and shut up. I think that will be a no brainer, just difficult to do mid-season.

I think January will be used to target the free agent and loan market again, just on a much grander scale than we have seen previously. I just hope it doesn't involve targetting heartless pricks like this one...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...rpool-exit

Whilst it will be great to see some bigger named players, I hope these stories about raiding Manure for the likes of Fred and Martial are just that, stories. Martial is absolutely useless, and Fred is just a Brazilian Jeff Hendrick. I can see us in for the likes of Lingard though, someone who will come in and do a job until the summer. I think if we could stabalise and get to the summer in a position where we can see some proper investment, I for one would take it. January isn't a great time to sign players for the long term, but I think hands will be forced on the back of all the winnable games we have failed to win so far, followed by that awful run of fixtures from December onwards.