Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linked players
This is our time to speculate on stories in the press with players that we're linked with buying.

Saw a good one today who is tipped to be our 1st signing in January.  Coutinho

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/08/newcastle...-15388179/
Newcastle United linked with a move for PSG striker Mauro Icardi.

The Argentinian forward would definitely add serious quality to the forward line and could be the first statement signing.

[Image: 245057394_254949879972944_62037727246982...e=61688547]
Bale, Lacazette, Kane, Ozil, Ramsay and Lingard all arriving in January. Apparently.
(12-10-2021, 08:46 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: Bale, Lacazette, Kane, Ozil, Ramsay and Lingard all arriving in January.  Apparently.

Apparently Martial to add to that  ROFL
Shit, they were just talking about how we were going to try and steal Mbappe and Haaland away from the likes of PSG and Real Madrid
The ones I'd object to:

Ozil - Lazy, non-productive, poor attitude
Icardi - Dickhead with a gobby wife as his agent
Wijnaldum - This would boil my piss after how he performed in our relegation season
Martial - A poor man's Dwight Gayle, and I wish I was kidding
Fred - Brazilian Jeff Hendrick
Any other Manure reject - Please let's not go down that road

The ones I like so far:

Coutinho - Looking for a way to kick start his career again, knows the league, would be a big fish in a small pond which could suit him
Forsberg - No Premier League experience but I think he would do well in this league under the right manager
Tarkowski - Could be a good one to get in at this stage to be the main man at the back

With the talk around Rodgers coming in, it would be great to think we could tempt Tielemans with a fat wedge. We haven't had a dominant midfielder since the Cabaye/Tiote days.