Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manager of choice
Apparently he does not get on with ASM

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1157388035828387843

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

Has anyone seen the comments from Southgate regarding his England contract extension?

I can't help but read/listen to the comments and wonder if he is one of the managers they have contacted. He said his plan was to get England qualified for the World Cup but he hasn't committed to actually being in charge for then.

Seems strange.
(12-10-2021, 09:04 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: Has anyone seen the comments from Southgate regarding his England contract extension?

I can't help but read/listen to the comments and wonder if he is one of the managers they have contacted. He said his plan was to get England qualified for the World Cup but he hasn't committed to actually being in charge for then.

Seems strange.

Very strange indeed 

I personally don't rate the man and i always got the feeling that he didn't like us as a club but i wouldn't rule out our new owners going for him as they may see him as someone positive after the Euro's.
(12-10-2021, 09:04 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: Has anyone seen the comments from Southgate regarding his England contract extension?

Seems strange.

I noticed this. I could actually see them talking to him, even making him an offer. Odd choice IMO
He would fit the bill from the Saudi's point of view, clean cut, says the right things, presents a good image. Managerial wise though, I think he is bloody awful, and lucky he has the group of England players that he does. Last night summed it up, struggling to break Hungary down, takes off our best player in Grealish, literally the only player trying to make something happen. His club record is shocking and I would honestly be gutted if was landed him here, he is another Bruce for me, just minus the intense dislking for his character.
(11-10-2021, 12:57 AM)Morhana Wrote: Apparently he does not get on with ASM

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1157388035828387843

ASM replied to that though, and was suggesting it came from the back end of a male bovine.

Who'd have thought it - we're being linked to some decent managers who may actually be interested in joining us now :O

I'm in two minds here. I'd quite like a up-and-coming young manager, but if we're going to start getting in some big name players in the next couple of years, will they be able to handle the egos?

Gerrard I'd rule out, as he'll only want to go the Liverpool. Lampard or Potter may be worth a shot.
I've got a sneaky suspicion that Bruce is going to hang around longer than we want.
(14-10-2021, 05:01 PM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: I've got a sneaky suspicion that Bruce is going to hang around longer than we want.

So do i tache. we've got a big game on Sunday and he's still lingering around like a bad smell.