Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aston Villa (a)
3pm on a Saturday??

What a daft time to play a footie match!!  ROFL ROFL ROFL

Anybody heard whether Wilson is definitely crocked (already)?

Mick
Team News:

[Image: F257162-B-6-B5-C-4-E10-B2-B4-4-A4-F51978-C04.jpg]
Enough space for Ings to bring the ball down, have a phone call, do an interview, and still put it in the back of the net. What a shambles we look at the back.

One and a half games into the new season and I am already wanting it to end. The balance in midfield is off, we can't get ASM into the game, Willock isn't involved enough and Wilson is trying to battle two centre backs on his own. All we need now is Hendrick to replace Hayden (if the injury is serious enough) and Joelinton to come on to compound the misery of supporting this club. What a soul destroying start to the season it has been so far.
Down with Norwich
We're going down with Norwich
Down with Norwich
etc. etc.

Or at least we are if we continue to play with an absent midfield i.e. with five at the back.

Nice to see how well drilled the Villa players were at hitting the deck like a sack o' spuds at every opportunity and how the (woeful), ref. bought them - maybe he has a chip shop on the side.  Also, is that how the new VAR "thicker lines" are supposed to work?  I'm confused.
Pretty pathetic showing from us. If we arent in the relegation battle at the end of the year, I should be considered a god damned miracle.
VAR and the refereeing against us has been abysmal in general, but I also hate to bring it up because surprise surprise, useless fuck rolled it all out in his post match interview.

However bad those two things regularly are for us, they are not to blame for us not managing a single shot on target in 96 minutes. We are an embarassing joke.
So much for the cabbage’s claim that when our key players are all in the team we’ll be ok.

ASM, Wilson, willock, Almiron all played today - same problems apparent.

Maybe Shelvey is his “key player”

Who knows?

huh?
The system stinks. We don't get the best out of either Almiron or ASM in the current setup. The defence is hung out to dry by a non-existent midfield, and it is making them out to look like worse players than they actually are. Pause for a moment and think of these players under Rafa:

Lacelles
Clark
Fernandez
Dummett
Manquillo
Sean Longstaff
Hayden

All players that I have seen being slaughtered by some of our fans for not being good enough since Rafa left. All players that performed extremely well under Benitez, and in the case of Longstaff, was wanted by Man Utd for circa £50 million. These range from average to good Premier League footballers, who with a decent manager, knew their job and maximised their potential. It's the same thing that Bielsa did with a group of Leeds players that were flirting with the bottom half of the Championship. You cannot underestimate the power of a quality manager, and that is why I let the players off under this clown, I might piss and moan when they make mistakes during the game, but afterwards you can't look at this team and think anything other than, God help them.

We play with wing backs, with ASM who is a nightmare out wide and cutting in, Almiron who can play out side, we then signed Fraser to gtive us even more options out wide... and what did we do yesterday? We went down the middle of the pitch time and time again. Against West Ham last week, Hayden was overlapping ASM and Wilson, our main defensive midfielder, whilst Shelvey was dropping between the back 3, giving us absolutly no cover in the middle of the pitch, errrrrr?! It's a comedy shit show of fuck ups all over the pitch. Our wing backs are make shift, and they are left constantly exposed, the middle of the park is so vacant at the moment it is frightening, and the only hope we have going forward is that ASM can take on 4 or 5 players and score, or we somehow hope Wilson latches onto one of the many balls we pump into the channels and hope he fights for.

2 games in and I am in that position again where you start to think, do I hope we just go on a horrific run just to get this clown out... but then you look at Ashley's attitude towards the club, and I honestly think he would keep him in the job, even if we were 15 points afoot of safety. We have been shit on from a great height so many times, but this season just feels like the most gut wrenching yet. This is likely down to the blocked takeover and knowing that has been pushed back into next year, coupled with the realisation that you can only take so many years of shit before you snap and think, fuck this, I've got better things to do with my time than get worked up and stressed over a situation we are quite literally stuck with.

It has been discussed many times on here before, and I hate to criticise them as although I watch all the games, I haven't had a season ticket for 10 years... but match going fans don't help. Singing for Bruce to give them a wave last weekend made me feel sick, can you imagine Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool or Manure fans doing that if their club was in this position? Our match day fans seemingly don't care what happens to the club, just as long as they get to have a few pints with their mates along the way. It's not news for any of us to say what an awful club we have become, from Ashley down to Bruce, but these last 2 games have magnified it considerably for me. It is quite literally Sports Direct FC now, might as well just go ahead and rename us, and let Newcastle United start again in non-league football, they would get my support that's for sure.
The above post has completely covered my entire feelings about my club that has been run so far down that every single thing has been done on the cheap. Our stadium is a disgrace and has been allowed to build dirt, grime and filth and that doesn't even cover the shit direct signage splattered all over it that we just take for granted now. 

I still watch every game yet it generally ruins my weekend but i was done with season tickets and attending matches a good while back and will probably not return until Ashley has finally gone.

I honestly think the fat controller has took 1 gamble too many this time, we have the same team as last season by making 1 key signing who was already here on loan whilst others have strengthened. 

If we get relegated will our potential buyers still have any interest in purchasing the club ???
(23-08-2021, 09:39 PM)Boydie Wrote: The above post has completely covered my entire feelings about my club that has been run so far down that every single thing has been done on the cheap. Our stadium is a disgrace and has been allowed to build dirt, grime and filth and that doesn't even cover the shit direct signage splattered all over it that we just take for granted now. 

I still watch every game yet it generally ruins my weekend but i was done with season tickets and attending matches a good while back and will probably not return until Ashley has finally gone.

I honestly think the fat controller has took 1 gamble too many this time, we have the same team as last season by making 1 key signing who was already here on loan whilst others have strengthened. 

If we get relegated will our potential buyers still have any interest in purchasing the club ???

I'm all with you on that Boydie, I have not been back to SJP for 8 years now despite having a season ticket for the previous 15 and I too will not return until the Fat Controller is history. The whole club from top to bottom is a shambles and we the fans do not deserve this, you are right about Ashley gambling on the future of this once great club where you would stand in the pissing rain/snow and dodge the rivers of piss just to see the TOON play, he Ashley has slowly but surely drained the anticipation and hope of the supporters that maybe this is our year. You asked whether our potential buyers would still have an interest in buying wor club should we get relegated the answer is nobody really knows but more than likely they would go elsewhere.

feck feck feck feck

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.