Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Ham (h)
(15-08-2021, 03:28 PM)cg40k Wrote: There a certain mental aspect that Bruce doesnt bring to the table as far as teams as concerned and Im not just tallking about with us either. Across his coaching career you have seen it.

Aye Chris - "mental" is an important word when talking about Bruce  scratch
New season

Same owner

Same cabbage

Same problems

Same old shite
What a disappointment; and also a bit of a head scratcher.  Out of Clark, Fernandez, Lascelles and Schar (albeit the last two were on the bench - maybe one half each?), you have the basis of a central 3 of proven centre-backs; no need to put a right-back (who hasn't proven himself at NUFC yet - in my opinion), in the back three.  The signs were there for all to see in the first half, that we were very vulnerable at the back.  Bruce's failure to do anything, anything at all, about it was the direct cause of the defensive collapse in the second half.  The man is stealing a living from the club.
Can't be blaming woodman for the marking for goals the lack of effort trying to come back with a soft penalty but west ham looked a threat every time they attacked we defensive was a shambles Murphy and kraft were getting hammered down their side of the pitch Shelvey sloppy in midfield and St maximin throwing a wobble when he falls over. We need a Left-sided centre half with pace urgently because we are so vulnerable down the left side.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!! 
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(15-08-2021, 04:20 PM)Mick Wrote: New season

Same owner

Same cabbage

Same problems

Same old shite

Yep
(15-08-2021, 03:34 PM)Mick Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 03:28 PM)cg40k Wrote: There a certain mental aspect that Bruce doesnt bring to the table as far as teams as concerned and Im not just tallking about with us either. Across his coaching career you have seen it.

Aye Chris - "mental" is an important word when talking about Bruce  scratch

Complete lack there of  LOL!
I think we are all pretty realistic about the club, the manager and the owner, but fuck me, can we at least not get through one winnable home game, when we are winning at half time, to at least give us some hope that we won't be fliriting with relegation for 80% of the season?!

You could see the issues in the first half, the goal came from our midfield not closing the egde of the box down and us being hopelessly exposed on the right side of our defence. Even before the goal, they had chances down that side of the pitch and our midfield was struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. We could all see it, but guess who couldn't, ding ding ding, step forward Steve Bruce! Did he just come out for the 2nd half with his fingers crossed and hope that Moyes hadn't spotted what was working for large parts of the first half?! West Ham just carried on in the 2nd where they left off, and although it was a comedy penalty decision (and more proof of how shit VAR still is), we continued to fail at the same things we did before half time.

I hope there is a different plan next weekend because the midfield simply couldn't cope defensively. Willock will bring the extra legs going forward, but the defence needs protecting, and it got very little shielding all game. If we are going to go with Murphy at right wing back, there simply has to better cover from Almiron, and an infinitely better right sided centre back than Krafth, otherwise teams will take that West Ham blue print and we will get battered all season long down that side.