Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Palace (h)
8.15pm kick off tonight (UK time)

Palace come up against Graeme Jones's Tikki Taka boys - hopefully......

Lascelles defo out as well as Ryan Fraser (sick note) and Yedlin (scarpered....)

Hopefully Almiron will continue in the No10 role we'd all been screaming about for him for a season and a half

Now remember lads - we pass to each other, we keep the ball, we press high when we don't have it - pace, aggression, ignore anything cabbage heed shouts

Lost It
Let's just hope Jones has been working with trhe players extensively this week and the other 3 clowns have just been doing what they do best, laying out some cones and muttering to each other in a corner.

Was surprised, but shouldn't have been, to see we had got Willock on loan. I have seen him play for Arsenal a few times and did nothing special, but it's a typical NUFC deadline day signing. We have waited all season for Almiron to get into his favoured poisition, then sign a young player on loan who can't get a game for his own team, but has been promised first team football up here, in a similar position to our own good, hard working, young player. Reminds me of Rossi all those years a go, then to the tragic events of getting Bentaleb last January, where we had to endure his God awful abvility for the second half of the season.

To me that goes to show there is still so much shit going on behind the scenes, no one is working together, everyone appears to be on a different page.

I hope the players can continue where they left off against Everton, something tells me no matter what, the days of 11 clueless bodies sat on the egde of their own box are gone, I just can't see the return of that whilst Jones is here and reporting into Ashley.
[Image: palace2.png]
Brick 
(02-02-2021, 04:03 PM)Mick Wrote: 8.15pm kick off tonight (UK time)

Palace come up against Graeme Jones's Tikki Taka boys - hopefully......

Lascelles defo out as well as Ryan Fraser (sick note) and Yedlin (scarpered....)

Hopefully Almiron will continue in the No10 role we'd all been screaming about for him for a season and a half

Now remember lads - we pass to each other, we keep the ball, we press high when we don't have it - pace, aggression, ignore anything cabbage heed shouts

Lost It

Can I add sorting out who is marking who, and closing down their players, especially in the box?!! Hendrick is a ball watcher and is always slow to react, Manquillo needs to be sharper too!
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Cruel luck for the first goal with Clarke steering the ball past Darlow.  Have to agree about Hendrick though; both he and Shelvey looked out on their feet on Saturday and while Shelvey can still offer something with less energy, Hendrick looks like a liability both going forward and at the back.  Overall we look just a little lacking in energy, but hey, it seems that along with tactics, Bruce doesn't believe in fitness and conditioning either.  I may be imagining it, but it also looks like the players are standing-off more; hope it's because of fatigue and not because idiot boy has told them to.
What an earth was that shambles leading up to half time, we passed it around the back and managed on cross into the box from minute 40 to minute 47. It was like we were trying to protect a 2-1 lead into half time, not chase one!

Shelvey ball watching again for the equaliser, and Schar totally losing Cahill for the 2nd goal. Both Fraser and Schar should have scored with the chances they had at the other end.

Wilson looks sharp, but we are just crying out for 2 decent central midfielders. I watch this team and think, imagine Tiote and Cabaye playing alongside Hayden... We have one of the worst midfield duos in the league with Shelvey and Hendrick, neither do their jobs, neither track back or follow their men, neither have the energy to play at this level.

The game isn't over, and I think ASM has a part to play in this, it's just critical that we get the next goal, if it goes to 3-1, it's game over.
Utter. Fucking. Shite.

Normal service resumes. Well our illustrious genius head coach called it, he spent the pre-match press conference making Palace players feel 10 feet tall, talking about how good they are, how difficult they are to play against. I didn't think it was possible to dislike this cretin more than I did, then that performance goes in, following on from his usual, negative, defeatists bollocks pre-match.

All the good work against Everton, gone in a flash.
Shite.

Nothing more to be said.

Oh and if ASM is going on the left, Fraser on the right and Miggie through the middle, where does the cabbage think he’s going to play this arsenal bairn?
A lot rumours flying around that Jones was told not to come to the touchline in the first half, and was even spotted in the stands in the second half. I did see him just after half time in the dugout at the back talking to Clueless Steve Number 3, but didn't see him once at the front of the touchline. The rumours have been fuelled by some of the journalists who were at the game, but none of them can confirm how long it went on for.

This fucking club, we are a joke.