Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leeds Utd (H)
Is this much improved second half performance down to his inspirational half time team talk? mudsling.gif Big Grin
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
(26-01-2021, 08:44 PM)KMK Wrote: Is this much improved second half performance down to his inspirational half time team talk? mudsling.gif Big Grin

He’s about as inspirational as Bumbling Bozo Johnson

ROFL
Predicted ASM would come on and either get us a point or give Captain Excuses enough to use in his post match interview, I think a lot of us did. Not sure where that leaves us with Brucey Boy, I suspect Ashley will look at the performance and hang fire pulling the trigger. What that 2nd half performance showed me, was that with a half decent manager, we could be a solid mid-table side who gave teams problems.
Newcastle manager Steve Bruce, speaking to MOTD: "That's the best we've played in weeks. It was good to see the forward players on the pitch to make that possible for us, what a difference if we keep Ryan Fraser right - and Miguel Almiron - then we know we are going to be that threat.

"I don't think I've started them yet all season. I was more pleased with the performance but obviously disappointed that we didn't take something from the game.

"Together you need a performance - and we've been short, there is no disputing that - but we've had awful injury problems, illness - and I don't like making excuses - I don't think since the start of the season I've played what I think is my strongest team but if we keep performances like that will be OK.

"We had 20-odd shots, we hit the bar and we were unfortunate we didn't score more but we have to go back again tomorrow and get ready for the weekend.

"[Marcelo Bielsa], in broken English, was complimentary, about my team. He thought we deserved more - but of course I would agree with him."
According to Luke Edwards, Ashley had his advisors out in force tonight, so I don't see any movement with a new manager like I was hoping there would be.

As for the excuse machine, fuck right off. He has played Almiron out of position all season, he even dropped him for a period of games! What an absolute joker.
If they dont make a change soon, we are in for a relegation battle
(28-01-2021, 05:18 PM)cg40k Wrote: If they dont make a change soon, we are in for a relegation battle

We are already in a relegation battle.  They just haven't noticed yet.