Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arsenal (a) FAC3
Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce has confirmed that Martin Dúbravka will make his long-awaited return from injury as the Magpies look to kick-off another FA Cup run with victory at Arsenal on Saturday (5:30pm kick-off).

United head to the Emirates Stadium for an all-Premier League third round clash this weekend hoping to start another run akin to last term’s, which saw them reach the quarter-finals.

And Bruce has confirmed that goalkeeper Dúbravka, who has been sidelined all season with an ankle injury, will feature against the Gunners as his side seek a win which would help to banish the memory of last month’s Carabao Cup quarter-final agony at Brentford.

“There are some players who need to play. I think I’ve said it from day one when I walked through the door here that I’m disappointed that we’ve got to two quarter-finals and haven’t got past them,” he said.

“I’ve treated the cup as seriously as I possibly could. We blew a wonderful opportunity a month ago to get to a semi-final.

With a managerial legend like Brucie in charge - what could possibly go wrong?
Newcastle United: Martin Dúbravka, Emil Krafth, Jamaal Lascelles, Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Isaac Hayden, Jeff Hendrick, Sean Longstaff, Miguel Almirón, Joelinton, Andy Carroll.

Substitutes: Mark Gillespie, DeAndre Yedlin, Jacob Murphy, Matt Ritchie, Matty Longstaff, Elliot Anderson, Dwight Gayle.
Comfortably beaten here.

Post match press conference will go something like this:

"It was always a tough ask drawing a club like Arsenal in the 3rd round, and I felt like we gave it a real good go today. Like I have said from the start, there is plenty of work ahead of us and we need to get back on the training ground and keep working away. Having nearly reached a semi final in one of the cup competitions already this season, we knew what another good cup run would do for the club and the city, and we really wanted to give the fans something to cheer about, especially with everything else going on with the covid situation. It wasn't to be though, and we have a huge match on Tuesday against Sheffield United, so we will dust ourselves down, get back on the training ground, and make sure we are ready for the game on Tuesday."

*Add in constant interruptions every time the interviewer tries to finish a sentence, lots of feeling sorry for himself, lots of nodding and agreeing every time the covid situation at the training ground crops in questioning and the mention of one or two irons in the fire when it comes to the January transfer window.

Bottom line is, fuck off Bruce you useless knacker.
I actually read that with his voice in my head.

You could get a job as his script writer mate. Just change the team names once a week and you're good to go.
(10-01-2021, 12:09 PM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: I actually read that with his voice in my head.

You could get a job as his script writer mate.  Just change the team names once a week and you're good to go.

Totally agree .... Ghost really has got Bruce off to a tee.   ROFL