Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool (h)
8pm (UK time) on Amazon Prime

Team: 

Newcastle United: Karl Darlow, DeAndre Yedlin, Fabian Schär, Federico Fernández, Ciaran Clark, Matt Ritchie, Isaac Hayden, Matty Longstaff, Jacob Murphy, Joelinton, Callum Wilson.

Substitutes: Martin Dúbravka, Emil Krafth, Jamal Lewis, Jeff Hendrick, Sean Longstaff, Jonjo Shelvey, Miguel Almirón, Dwight Gayle, Andy Carroll.
Steve Bruce on Liverpool:

"They're a very very very good side, we know what to expect and we need to go out there and perform like we did against Manchester City."

Hahahaha.
Well, well, well. Pressing? Passing? Attempts on goal? Energy and running? I'd argue that was our best 45 minutes of the season so far.

Begs the question, or questions, why not before now?
Well after 45 mins i must admit that this is a marked improvement on recent games.

Don't know how long it will last as we've seen how quickly we can crumble.

I'm just pleased we've got forward at times..... long may it continue.
Also how good has Darlow been.
Well if i'd been offered 0-0 at the start i'd of taken it..... but after that performance against the champions i'm delighted.

I need to ask .... why haven't we pressed teams and had a go at them until now ???

Never mind i hope that this is how we play from now on and at least give our fans a bit of hope. HWTL
Much better performance. Thought our midfield pairing had the energy we've been missing.

Darlow was impressive again.