Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chelsea (h)
Folks

Geordie's news has rather taken the wind out of my sails today - so I've just lifted stuff from the official site to start up this thread.

Mick

Joelinton returns to Newcastle United’s starting XI and leads the line as the Magpies take on Chelsea at St. James’ Park.

The Brazilian frontman replaces Callum Wilson up top, with United’s leading goalscorer failing a late fitness test after hobbling out of their last game, at Southampton a fortnight ago, with a hamstring injury.

Also coming into Newcastle’s line-up are Javier Manquillo, Ciaran Clark and Isaac Hayden. The latter comes in for Jeff Hendrick in midfield, the Irish international dropping to the bench.

Manquillo starts at right wing back, with Jacob Murphy pushing further forward to compensate for the absence of Miguel Almirón, who only returned from international duty with Paraguay late on Thursday night.

Clark, meanwhile, starts for the first time since September’s thumping Carabao Cup victory at Morecambe.

Almirón does make the substitutes’ bench, where he is joined by the likes of Fabian Schär, Andy Carroll and the fit-again Jonjo Shelvey.

Newcastle United: Karl Darlow, Javier Manquillo, Jamaal Lascelles, Federico Fernández, Ciaran Clark, Jamal Lewis, Jacob Murphy, Sean Longstaff, Isaac Hayden, Allan Saint-Maximin, Joelinton.

Substitutes: Mark Gillespie, Emil Krafth, Fabian Schär, Jeff Hendrick, Jonjo Shelvey, Miguel Almirón, Andy Carroll.
Well this looks a carbon copy of Bruce's dross that gets spewed up weekly,
These players have just gone backwards with Bruce in charge. Hope he is gone by Christmas. Joe Linton has just had a shot from halfway, how desperate is that? We seem to have no plan except to pass back or sideways. rant The defence is....... well there is no defence, either on the pitch or of this manager and his tactics.
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
I am overwhelmed by indifference watching Bruce Ball.
I don't know if any of you stayed to watch the after match analysis. I usually don't, even if we win I have no interest, but I did today, as Jake Humphrey is always flying the flag for us as fans. I am paraphrasing, and maybe changing the odd word, but the gist of it was that when you stand inside the ground and watch the shit we served up today, you can totally understand why the fans are kicking off like they are. Jenas also waded in and actually said things along the same lines, with Joe Cole nodding in agreement. Seems petty and small, but it was nice to get some support, as we usually get pedalled as ego centric morons with ridiculous expectations. Jake Humphrey said we don't expect Champions League football, we just expect a side that can have a shot in target, he couldnt be more spot on.

As for the game, what is there to say? We started with Joelinton and Jacob Murphy as part of our forward line, with a combined number of games equalling 84, and a combined number of goals being 4, between them they have averaged 1 goal in every 21 games. Add to the fact you have a manager who has manufactured a side who have the worst pressing stats in the division, and the worst attacking home record of any Premier League Newcastle manager, ever, and you don't stand a chance.

We are averaging just over a point a game which is survival form, just, and that will no doubt please Ashley. However I have a glimmer of hope that this might just be a different season, it is THAT bad to watch, we are THAT shit a team, that Ashley might pull the trigger and put this garbage regime down. I was thinking of a word that summarises what it is to be a Newcastle supporter with this setup, and the most appropriate one I could come up with is hideous, for me, that sums up the manager, his coaching staff, and our approach to every single game.

We are beyond a joke.
We are so far behind where we were at under Rafa at this point I just dont even know how Ashley sits there and does this
(21-11-2020, 09:08 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: I don't know if any of you stayed to watch the after match analysis. I usually don't, even if we win I have no interest, but I did today, as Jake Humphrey is always flying the flag for us as fans. I am paraphrasing, and maybe changing the odd word, but the gist of it was that when you stand inside the ground and watch the shit we served up today, you can totally understand why the fans are kicking off like they are. Jenas also waded in and actually said things along the same lines, with Joe Cole nodding in agreement. Seems petty and small, but it was nice to get some support, as we usually get pedalled as ego centric morons with ridiculous expectations. Jake Humphrey said we don't expect Champions League football, we just expect a side that can have a shot in target, he couldnt be more spot on.

As for the game, what is there to say? We started with Joelinton and Jacob Murphy as part of our forward line, with a combined number of games equalling 84, and a combined number of goals being 4, between them they have averaged 1 goal in every 21 games. Add to the fact you have a manager who has manufactured a side who have the worst pressing stats in the division, and the worst attacking home record of any Premier League Newcastle manager, ever, and you don't stand a chance.

We are averaging just over a point a game which is survival form, just, and that will no doubt please Ashley. However I have a glimmer of hope that this might just be a different season, it is THAT bad to watch, we are THAT shit a team, that Ashley might pull the trigger and put this garbage regime down. I was thinking of a word that summarises what it is to be a Newcastle supporter with this setup, and the most appropriate one I could come up with is hideous, for me, that sums up the manager, his coaching staff, and our approach to every single game.

We are beyond a joke.

Blogged this Ghostie

Beer