Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport County (a) (LC)
Two off and two on, but Shelvey's still on the pitch?  How does that work?  Can he not see that in the mood that Shelvey has been in these last weeks, we have nothing in midfield and therefore no attack, with him there?
Agreed. Shelvey going through the motions, waste of space at the moment.
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Sadly this runs way deeper than personnel. This is a team totally devoid of any tactics, this is a team without structure or strategy. This is a manager who once infamously said he didn't believe in tactics. We have got a complete and utter dud in charge of these players and it shows in every single game we play in.

There is a part of me that would take a slump in order for Ashley to sack him. He should never, ever have got this job in the first place.
(30-09-2020, 06:56 PM)KMK Wrote: Agreed. Shelvey going through the motions, waste of space at the moment.

But what do I know?? He scores !
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
It was never in doubt!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
A ‘Premier League’ team (allegedly), has to beat a League 2 team on penalties! Shocking.  But under the current ‘manager’ ( ROFL ) why am I not surprised? Bart
Just use the Steve Bruce excuse generator:

The fans need to get behind me
The fans need to get behind the team
I am still working with Rafa's players
Newport County is a tough team to play on their ground
The negativity around perceptions of my ability is impacting the team
Injuries are a problem
Big Jo just needs a goal to get his confidence going
Big Andy just needs a run of games
The game was over the moment Newport County got a corner
This is the beauty of the cup
It's great to be the manager to win Newcastle their 2nd shootout in the last 12
The rain, wind and sun stopped us from getting our game going
Going through is what counts in these tricky cup ties
We peppered their goal and it was just unlucky to only score 1 goal

Under Rafa, Longstaff was being linked with Man Utd for 50 million quid, under Bruce, Longstaff would have struggled to get into that Newport County team. Every single player is a shadow of what they were. Every piece or organisation and grit that Rafa installed is now gone. We are left with a blabbering excuse machine, a negative bafoon who believes tactics are overrated, and a squad of players who look like they have wised up to the fact that Bruce is utter shite. These players look like they are close to downing tools due to a total lack of organisation. I'd normally be on the player's backs, but with this setup I can't, because no one could thrive under this idiot. He has taken us to a point we have never been at in our Premier League history, quite literally beyond reprieve and without a hope.