Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeover Is Off
(30-07-2020, 09:55 PM)cg40k Wrote: PL corrupt as ever. Apparently Liverpool and Arsenal owners had "big problems"

And Little Totts

feck
(30-07-2020, 10:38 PM)Mick Wrote:
(30-07-2020, 09:55 PM)cg40k Wrote: PL corrupt as ever. Apparently Liverpool and Arsenal owners had "big problems"

And Little Totts

feck

Just goes to show how corrupt the whole org is. The economic impact on the north is another thing to consider as well.
I was a little less shocked than I would have been a month a go, but I was still surprised by this, I fully expected the time taken to have been used to iron out any issues.

I don't know what to make of it all. Amanda Staveley has said the blame lies with other clubs attempting to block the deal, but the statement from the PIF Group was a strange one. To me, it seems like a combination of time taken, plus how bad Covid has hit the world economy, gave them a convenient out. I might be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but we would be naive to think the plans they had back in February and March time, haven't been severely impacted by what has happened since.

I feel quite hollow about it all today, getting angry about the way this club has been ran and managed over the years has cost me many a weekend, and I have long learnt to have a rant and move onto the next game. What I feel as sick about as much as the deal falling through, is the ramifications not on who we buy, but what we are left with. I genuinely struggle to see anything other than relegation with Bruce, we have fluked our way to safety on the brilliance of ASM, but what player in their right mind won't look at this and want out. No player of quality will want to stick around, the future is beyond bleak, it's thoroughly depressing.

I suppose right now this view might take a back seat as we are still stuck with Ashley, and Bruce is just down from this in chain of command, so ultimately the problem at the top is the one we needed sorting in order to try and move forward as a club.

I don't know what else to say today, it's all too raw and it will take time to digest how we have been fucked over again, in every possible way. I don't see a bounce back, or as time goes on, there being anything that will make us feel differently. We will spend all summer listening to that cabbage faced twat, telling us how they are striving to get deals done, no doubt trying to extend loan deals and trying to tell everyone how Bentaleb is a steal for 8 million.

I'd like to say onwards and upwards, but unless the deal is somehow resurrected, which I can't see in a million years because of Covid, we are stuck, rotting away.
(31-07-2020, 02:16 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: I was a little less shocked than I would have been a month a go, but I was still surprised by this, I fully expected the time taken to have been used to iron out any issues.

I don't know what to make of it all. Amanda Staveley has said the blame lies with other clubs attempting to block the deal, but the statement from the PIF Group was a strange one. To me, it seems like a combination of time taken, plus how bad Covid has hit the world economy, gave them a convenient out. I might be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but we would be naive to think the plans they had back in February and March time, haven't been severely impacted by what has happened since.

I feel quite hollow about it all today, getting angry about the way this club has been ran and managed over the years has cost me many a weekend, and I have long learnt to have a rant and move onto the next game. What I feel as sick about as much as the deal falling through, is the ramifications not on who we buy, but what we are left with. I genuinely struggle to see anything other than relegation with Bruce, we have fluked our way to safety on the brilliance of ASM, but what player in their right mind won't look at this and want out. No player of quality will want to stick around, the future is beyond bleak, it's thoroughly depressing.

I suppose right now this view might take a back seat as we are still stuck with Ashley, and Bruce is just down from this in chain of command, so ultimately the problem at the top is the one we needed sorting in order to try and move forward as a club.

I don't know what else to say today, it's all too raw and it will take time to digest how we have been fucked over again, in every possible way. I don't see a bounce back, or as time goes on, there being anything that will make us feel differently. We will spend all summer listening to that cabbage faced twat, telling us how they are striving to get deals done, no doubt trying to extend loan deals and trying to tell everyone how Bentaleb is a steal for 8 million.

I'd like to say onwards and upwards, but unless the deal is somehow resurrected, which I can't see in a million years because of Covid, we are stuck, rotting away.

Sums up the general feelings well Ghostie

Think this is one for the blog!

I'll stick it on this afternoon

Mick
I've taken a few days to digest how I feel about this and while not totally unexpected, I just feel totally deflated. As cynical as I always am about NUFC I had started to believe again, only to get the usual kick in the nuts at the end.

The PL appear to be totally corrupt and I'm fed up with it all.

Fuck Richard Masters
Fuck Mike Ashley
Fuck Steve Bruce

I think I'm done with doing this now. It feels like the straw that broke the camels back.