I've written it up on the blog

http://www.utd111.co.uk/blog/2020/07/10/...-comments/
Newsnow put this article in the "Top Stories" Box

Over 3,000 reads so far!

And almost 200 podcast listens so far

Canny result that, like

Beer

Mick
Yes. Canny article, I've registered with you on the back of it.

Aalreet lads & lasses?

Basically it's about the first thing I've seen on NewsNow aside from articles written for The Mag that's not been some contrived collection of tweets with a misleading title.

Craving a bit of sensible opinion and a flavour of home, marooned as I am in the Midlands, living amongst and working with mainly inbred subhumans of a Wolves / Villa persuasion.
Peter Reid eats bananas with his feet.
Hiya Dunc - welcome to the forum, mate

Sorry to hear about your predicament  Big Grin but you'll have some fun pointing and giggling at the Villa fans if nowt else  ROFL

You're spot on about Newsnow. Used to be some excellent blogs on there but now seems full of stories about Toon fans "flocking to" tweets or "fuming about" tweets with the articles mainly consisting of copy & paste tweets.

Newsnow used to have standards, and if a blog didn't meet them they got dropped. All seems to have gone these days.

By the way - If you fancy writing some stuff for UTD111 yourself that would be welcome.

Here on the forum there's only about 6 or 7 of us active - quality rather than quantity. Great to see you've just jumped in and posted - good stuff.

It's canny here  Rock On

Mick
Welcome Dunch  Rock On
Cheers Mick - I do find it very easy to loathe both Villa and Wolves, but then again, I remember a mate of mine once put together a list of all 92 clubs then in the Football League (we're probably going back 30+ years ago) and a good reason for each and every one why we should hate them.

Nearest club to me is actually Burton Albion - smashing little club, did loads of work in the community with the primary school my kids went to.

However, 15th April 1895, Division 2: Burton Wanderers 9, Newcastle 0. So fucking hate them, obviously. It's not even the same club but, ya knaa, bound to be some relations.
Peter Reid eats bananas with his feet.
(10-07-2020, 07:53 PM)Wor Dunch Wrote: Cheers Mick - I do find it very easy to loathe both Villa and Wolves, but then again, I remember a mate of mine once put together a list of all 92 clubs then in the Football League (we're probably going back 30+ years ago) and a good reason for each and every one why we should hate them.

Nearest club to me is actually Burton Albion - smashing little club, did loads of work in the community with the primary school my kids went to.

However, 15th April 1895, Division 2: Burton Wanderers 9, Newcastle 0. So fucking hate them, obviously. It's not even the same club but, ya knaa, bound to be some relations.
ROFL  I think you can forgive Burton Albion for that one  Wor Dunch especially as it was so long ago and a rare accorance  .... plus if they do work in the community with schools and kids they already put Ashley to shame mate,
Welcome Dunch.
Welcome Dunch!
Regarding the Man City FFP case (from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306):

City failed in an initial bid to have Cas halt Uefa's investigation in November last year.

After the two-year ban was announced, City said the process that led to it was "flawed" and "prejudicial" and immediately announced their intention to appeal.

They alleged they had been the victim of an illegal hack by people who had the express intention of damaging their reputation and that the emails were being used as the basis for reports which were being taken out of context.

City also believed the CFCB was not independent and ended up being distrustful of it, partly because of the amount of secretive information the club felt was leaked to the media.

Seem familiar to anyone?