Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Ham
Sunday, 2.15pm kick off (UK time)

Bruce has confirmed that Sean Longstaff will miss out after limping off with a hamstring problem on Wednesday, also revealing that Jamaal Lascelles (ankle) and Joelinton (calf) are early doubts after picking up knocks at Bournemouth.

Elsewhere, Florian Lejeune will miss out, with Bruce fearing his season is over after struggling to recover from a ‘nasty injury’ in our mid-season friendly with Hull a few weeks ago, while Ciaran Clark is still recovering from ankle surgery.

Here’s what Bruce has had to say on the injury front:

“I don’t think Sean Longstaff will make it [for Sunday].

“We’re waiting on Joelinton and Jamaal Lascelles has got a nasty knock to his ankle so we’ll see how he is.

“We’ve still got another 48 hours until the game so let’s hope it’s good news.”
Team News:

United: Dubravka, Krafth, Lascelles, Fernandez, Manquillo, Shelvey, Hayden, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Joelinton, Gayle.

Subs: Darlow, Schar, Carroll, Ritchie, Yedlin, Lazaro, Rose, Bentaleb, M Longstaff.
Beautifully worked goal by us 1-1 Rock On
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Joelinton's a bit of a lazy bastard really, isn't he; if a ball's not to his feet he doesn't bother.
WTF was Lascelles playing at?

Schoolboy defending

Bart
Name me one player who wouldn't take Joelinton's place and do an equal job? What on earth does he have to play like to lose his place in the team?! Doesn't get in the box, constantly jumps for the ball but gets under the flight of it, doesn't score, doesn't assist, loses most 50-50 challenges. If that was a young player from the youth setup he wouldn't even get on the bench, yet the team consistently has to feature him somewhere.

I also don't understand why Manquillo is continuing to play at left back, he is a fish out of water, he faces inwards to the central defenders, he is continually caught out with the ball in behind, and always leads with his right foot. A square peg in a round hole springs to mind, I just don't get it. On top of his inability to defend at left back, we also lose the natural over lapping ability when we go forward due to the fact he always wants to get back onto his right foot.

Nothing surprising about today really, similar to the Villa game, you get your hopes up agaisnt a poor team at home, and Hyde turns up. We are incapable of stringing wins together against these types of sides, and as soon as ASM goes off the pitch, we lack any goal threat what-so-ever. A crap point against a crap team.
How Joelinton gets a game and Muto doesnt is beyond me
(05-07-2020, 06:15 PM)cg40k Wrote: How Joelinton gets a game and Muto doesnt is beyond me

Totally with you on Muto, Chris he’s never been given a chance but when he’s been on the pitch he’s looked a canny player.

On Joelinton I reckon he gets a game because they don’t want to admit they wasted 40 million on a donkey
(05-07-2020, 06:31 PM)Mick Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 06:15 PM)cg40k Wrote: How Joelinton gets a game and Muto doesnt is beyond me

Totally with you on Muto, Chris he’s never been given a chance but when he’s been on the pitch he’s looked a canny player.

On Joelinton I reckon he gets a game because they don’t want to admit they wasted 40 million on a donkey

Agreed.