Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man City (FA Cup)
Obviously, most folks will expect this to be an easy win for Citeh

But maybe, just maybe?

After all, we're unbeaten since the beginning of March!  Big Grin

huh?
Maybe, just maybe they'll thrash us; or we'll bore them into keeping the score down.  Going by Wednesday's unadventurous, timid and insipid display against the mighty Villa I don't give us much hope of achieving anything other than the avoidance of humiliation in this game (and that's far from certain).
Apparently we're sweating on Hayden & Richie being fit - which would be a blow if either of them were missing.

Ready made replacement for Hayden would be Schar in my opinion. If Hayden is fit, I'd still play Schar alongside him - as the key to having a go against Citeh is, first you have to get the feckin ball off them!

And Schar can do the hollywood ball as well as Shelvey when he's in form.

Mick
As you know, I don't expect us to win this tie; there's no shame in that against this Man City side.  What would be shameful and indicative of the man's severe limitations, would be for Bruce to put out the same old players and have them play the same old way as they have largely done all season.  This is an opportunity for Mrs. Doubtfire to show some imagination and some courage in team selection and tactics.  Something new and different from Bruce in this match could make it worth watching for us even if the final result won't.  More to the point, it could signal the way forward to this more open, attacking style of play that Dough-Boy keeps promising but has signally failed to deliver for the most part this season.
Team:
Karl DarlowJavier ManquilloFabian SchärJamaal LascellesFederico FernándezDanny RoseIsaac HaydenSean LongstaffAllan Saint-MaximinMiguel AlmirónAndy Carroll.

Subs:
Martin DúbravkaEmil KrafthDeAndre YedlinMatty LongstaffJonjo ShelveyValentino LazaroYoshinori MutoDwight GayleJoelinton.
(28-06-2020, 05:41 PM)Mick Wrote: Team:
Karl DarlowJavier ManquilloFabian SchärJamaal LascellesFederico FernándezDanny RoseIsaac HaydenSean LongstaffAllan Saint-MaximinMiguel AlmirónAndy Carroll.

Subs:
Martin DúbravkaEmil KrafthDeAndre YedlinMatty LongstaffJonjo ShelveyValentino LazaroYoshinori MutoDwight GayleJoelinton.

This could be interesting!
So is the plan to sit back and let them attack and try to keep the score down?
This is the Cup! And they are Man City! May as well hand them the tie now if this approach continues.   Only a matter of time before they score  huh?
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Schar with the brain of a pea. Game, set and match.

Dreadful watch, utter fucking shite.
Embarrassing

Hope the Saudis aren’t watching

Blush
The big elephant in the room - the one standing next to the big pile of elephant shit - is why did we play the whole of the first half the way we did and then play in a more positive way with exactly the same players, at the start of the second?  By the way, if Gayle had had anywhere near the amount of pitch time that he should have had instead of Joelinton, he doesn't miss that chance.