Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Go AGAIN!!!
Argh here we go again with another potential buyer from Saudi Arabia with Stavely bringing together the wealth of a few Saudi individuals, see what The Wall Street Journal has said:  Saudi Arabia’s sovereign-wealth fund is in talks to buy U.K. Premier League soccer team Newcastle United F.C. for about £340 million ($445 million), according to people familiar with the discussions.

The buyer is the Public Investment Fund, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s key investment tool, together with a group of investors organized by British financier Amanda Staveley, the people said. A final deal could be days or weeks away, the people said. The tentative deal could still break down.

The final sentence says it all.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-sover...qYqOGyTgO0

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!

"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
You beat me to it by 4mins mate!

LOL!
The good news is that all the hype from the last touted takeover got the word out. The bad news is that every potential buyer has made statements saying that the reason it didnt go through was solely down on Ashley. He doesnt want to sell when he can milk the Geordies for cash. Nice in thought, the interest is probably really there, but Fat Ash would need to be desperate for some cash for it to actually happen.
I'm reminded of this........

Ashley has insisted that any deal must be done in private, a point he made forcefully in a rare interview last year.

He said: "The reality is with these deals that once it gets out, if it's not done, it's probably not going to get done."

Mick
(25-01-2020, 04:11 PM)Mick Wrote: I'm reminded of this........

Ashley has insisted that any deal must be done in private, a point he made forcefully in a rare interview last year.

He said: "The reality is with these deals that once it gets out, if it's not done, it's probably not going to get done."

Mick

Exactly what a lot have been repeating on Twitter. So stupid to even bring it up by the papers
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this latest rumour mysteriously comes to an abrupt conclusion and disappears - once we get to the end of the transfer window......
Yeah neither would I. Mark Douglas was trying to make it out like that is just a coincidence everytime it happens. Funny how we dont here about that bs during the middle of October or March
Can't believe this is true when you look at some of the dodgy characters who already own EPL Clubs!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...s-row.html
(28-01-2020, 10:00 AM)Mick Wrote: Can't believe this is true when you look at some of the dodgy characters who already own EPL Clubs!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...s-row.html

I take everything the Daily Fail publicises with a pinch of salt they are a Manchester-based paper and never have anything good to say about the TOON. Don't forget they were one of the main instigators of the Pro Ashley attacking the boycott and supporters saying that Ashley was and is the saviour of the TOON, na ya can keep your pensioner special and their updates don't believe a word of it.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
Western media are notoriously hypocritical when it comes to things like this. We will talk bad about the Middle East, Africa, India, China, Russia all day long, but we completely ignore the fucked up shit that we do ourselves. Like here in America, there is a reason central and south American govts hate us. Ye without sin throw the first stone.