Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rochdale FA Cup Replay (H)
Well bugger me!  Joelinton has scored a goal!  He's found his level at last.
(14-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Eeeeen Wrote: Well bugger me!  Joelinton has scored a goal!  He's found his level at last.

What surprised me most of all was the fact he made a telling run into the box and got the right side of the defender to score. He also got into the box for the 1st goal and would've had a tap in if the defender hadn't scored the own goal. I'm pleased for the lad but if this goal is to teach him anything about English football it will be to bust a gut to get in the right places and you'll reap the rewards. 

Aside that Almiron scored again he's adding the goals to his game now and his hard working ethic is paying off.
I'm not gona get too excited about our ability to push aside a team from the same league as the troubled mackems (National League North or summat?)

The positives for me were:

- The return of Jamaal Lascelles - the sooner he is back in the team organising our defence the better
- Almiron's continued progress and confidence (even better when the saint is back)
- Seeing the magic hat back on the wing
- Matty scoring to get his confidence back

Hopefully we can get some more of the Bruce-inspired crocs back and pick up the necessary points between now and the end of the season.

Seems to be the limit of our ambition these days eh?

Mick