Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So It Begins...
From the BBC Football Gossip page:  "Manager Steve Bruce says Newcastle United's priority is to sign a striker in January and revealed the club have 'had a couple of knockbacks already'."  Surprise, fecking surprise!  He'll soon learn.
Is this one of the knockbacks?:  "Newcastle want to sign Giroud on loan for the rest of the season but Chelsea have told them they will not let the striker leave unless they can bring in a replacement."  Well, whoop-dee-bloody-do!  That Olivier Giroud is better than anything that we've currently got on our books might be true, but at 33 years of age (he's a fortnight short of three years OLDER than Rondon), the interest in him certainly doesn't smack of team building for the future.  In any case, his goalscoring form has been less than stellar in recent years with his value chiefly being in holding the ball up and creating opportunities for the other strikers that we don't have.  I can see the mastermind who brought Joelinton to the club being behind this one.  I actually like Giroud as a player but he is not what we need.
Now us signing Glen Murray is all over.
The fact that we're looking at loan signings tells me Ashley won't spend money on a permanent signing unless he has no option.
"Newcastle are offering striker Dwight Gayle, 29, to Championship clubs on a loan. (Telegraph)".  It would make more sense to offer Joelinton.