Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rochdale (a) (FA Cup)
We were an absolute embarrassment
(04-01-2020, 08:24 PM)Boydie Wrote: We were an absolute embarrassment

Agreed. How anyone cannot make wholesale changes on the tactical side of things is beyond me.
(04-01-2020, 08:24 PM)Boydie Wrote: We are an absolute embarrassment

Fixed Boydie :)

In all seriousness, it shows just where we are at. We ended up finishing the game with 3 central midfielders and yet we still didn't have control of midfield against a Rochdale side that are 18th in League One, 18th! This wasn't a great FA Cup tale or a team that really showed a Premier League side what it was like to face a team that runs them ragged for 90 minutes, this was an absolutely abysmal Rochdale team that faced one of the worst attacking units in the top two division in English football. They had a 40 year old journeyman who probably wouldn't even cost 400k, show our total embarassment 40 million pound forward how to put the ball in the net. The longer the Longstaff brothers are coached by Bruce and his group of master tacticians, the worse they get. We went from looking like we had two great local talents in central midfield, to looking like we have two lower league footballers getting a game just because they are local lads. If I was Sean, I'd be getting onto my agent to find me a club with a manager who can actually coach players, show them how to play the game, hell, I'd beg Benitez to take me out to China than stick around and play for this useless dead weight we have as a manager.

Anyone who wanted shut of Benitez, take a bow and revel in his replacement as there isn't a single player who has improved, more than half the squad have actually gone backwards in terms of progress, and injuries are just a regular occurance now, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 2-3 players pull up against Wolves, as they pass us to death.

Our fans continue to turn up and fund our demise though, with no doubt some willing to ignore the fact that pretty much everything Benitez did to try and improve everything at the club, has now all but eroded away, and we are stuck with a moron incapable of making basic tactical decisions, organising a team to pass the ball and being able to manage the basic fitness of our players, either through injury management, or ensuring they can actually compete for an entire 90 minutes. We are a fecking joke again, a total embarassment.
"If I was Sean, I'd be getting onto my agent to find me a club with a manager who can actually coach players, show them how to play the game, hell, I'd beg Benitez to take me out to China than stick around and play for this useless dead weight we have as a manager."

I think you're absolutely right about this. There's a reason why Manure are sniffing around Sean Longstaff and it certainly isn't because of his performances of late; it's because they see his potential, a potential that is being wasted with every ball that he kicks in a NUFC shirt at the moment.  He has the potential to become a very fine midfield player as long as he leaves our club.  Heartbreaking really.
(06-01-2020, 06:38 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 08:24 PM)Boydie Wrote: We are an absolute embarrassment

The longer the Longstaff brothers are coached by Bruce and his group of master tacticians, the worse they get. We went from looking like we had two great local talents in central midfield, to looking like we have two lower league footballers getting a game just because they are local lads. If I was Sean, I'd be getting onto my agent to find me a club with a manager who can actually coach players, show them how to play the game, hell, I'd beg Benitez to take me out to China than stick around and play for this useless dead weight we have as a manager.
I wouldn't be surprised to see another 2-3 players pull up against Wolves.

How true is all of this..... and yes our players are dropping like flies and Bruce uses it as an excuse at every club he's ever been at. He and his staff clearly don't know how to get players back to full fitness without them breaking down again.... fecking amateur's