Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Utd (h)
Toon on the telly - yet again!!

Kick-off 4.30pm on Sunday

Any pre-match thoughts, folks?

There's talk of Matty Longstaff replacing the suspended Hayden

Mick
Any changes I think will do the side good. Honestly right now we have absolutely nothing to lose. Hopefully a draw vs a poor Man United side.
Phew! Just made it home in time to park in front of the telly!!

Team news:

Newcastle United: Martin Dúbravka, DeAndre Yedlin, Fabian Schär, Jamaal Lascelles, Ciaran Clark, Jetro Willems, Matty Longstaff, Sean Longstaff, Miguel Almirón, Allan Saint-Maximin, Joelinton.

Substitutes: Karl Darlow, Emil Krafth, Paul Dummett, Jonjo Shelvey, Christian Atsu, Andy Carroll, Dwight Gayle

Scumchester:

Who cares, really......  huh?
Canny first half from us but usual story of good chances squandered

Manure look poor and are there for the taking - so knowing us, we’ll probably lose this!

Mick
Get in Matty Longstaff
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
Good win for us, hopefully something to build on going forward. If we can find someone to score regularly it will really help.
Great performance, we deserved that win  Beer

Matty Longstaff man of the match - and deserved it.

Excellent from Saint-Maximin as well

Mick
yeah Maximin was the biggest threat all game. basically if we were attacking he was involved. I really think fitting him, Almiron, and Atsu in the starting lineup would work wonders. That pace would be very hard to handle if we are going to sit back and counter attack. However Im starting to wonder if Carroll wouldnt be better starting up top than Joelinton.

My preferred at THIS VERY MOMENT (subject to change with this team right now)

Dubravka
Kraft Schar Lascelles Willems
Longstaff x 2
Maximin Almiron Atsu
Carroll
(06-10-2019, 06:52 PM)cg40k Wrote: yeah Maximin was the biggest threat all game. basically if we were attacking he was involved. I really think fitting him, Almiron, and Atsu in the starting lineup would work wonders. That pace would be very hard to handle if we are going to sit back and counter attack. However Im starting to wonder if Carroll wouldnt be better starting up top than Joelinton.

Dubravka
Longstaff x 2
Maximin Almiron Atsu
Carroll

Krafth?  You must be joking; even Yedlin looks a more accomplished player than him, as does Manquillo.
(06-10-2019, 06:52 PM)cg40k Wrote: yeah Maximin was the biggest threat all game. basically if we were attacking he was involved. I really think fitting him, Almiron, and Atsu in the starting lineup would work wonders. That pace would be very hard to handle if we are going to sit back and counter attack. However Im starting to wonder if Carroll wouldnt be better starting up top than Joelinton.

Dubravka
Longstaff x 2
Maximin Almiron Atsu
Carroll

Wouldn't argue with that team - at home

But away from home....as was proven today, we defend much better with Rafa's defensive set-up of 3 central defenders and mobile wing-backs.

Think we now have some depth in the squad too, which is no bad thing. Carroll - and even Gayle - as options up front are a welcome development that gives us both options as well as cover for injuries.

Mick