Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ritchie Out For 2 Months
Steve Bruce says Matt Ritchie is set to miss two months with an ankle injury – while a handful of his squad are doubts for Saturday’s visit of Watford.

Ritchie was forced off during Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup defeat to Leicester City after Hamza Choudhury’s challenge on him before the break.

Ahead of this weekend’s clash with the Hornets at St. James’ Park (3pm kick-off), Bruce confirmed that the wing-back suffered ankle ligament damage in the tackle – for which Choudhury only received a yellow card – and could now be out for up to eight weeks.

“It’s not great news. I think he’s going to be two months, (or) eight weeks. There is ankle ligament damage too, bone bruising and cuts. The kid was in a mess the other night. Thankfully it’s not six months, but it’s bad enough when it’s the best part of eight weeks,” he said.

“He’s angry, frustrated, disappointed, whatever you want to call it. But he’s a great character, Matt, and he’ll get over it, and I’m sure when he gets over the next few days he’ll get to work on getting himself back right.”
(30-08-2019, 02:43 PM)Mick Wrote: Steve Bruce says Matt Ritchie is set to miss two months with an ankle injury – while a handful of his squad are doubts for Saturday’s visit of Watford.

Ritchie was forced off during Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup defeat to Leicester City after Hamza Choudhury’s challenge on him before the break.

Ahead of this weekend’s clash with the Hornets at St. James’ Park (3pm kick-off), Bruce confirmed that the wing-back suffered ankle ligament damage in the tackle – for which Choudhury only received a yellow card – and could now be out for up to eight weeks.

“It’s not great news. I think he’s going to be two months, (or) eight weeks. There is ankle ligament damage too, bone bruising and cuts. The kid was in a mess the other night. Thankfully it’s not six months, but it’s bad enough when it’s the best part of eight weeks,” he said.

“He’s angry, frustrated, disappointed, whatever you want to call it. But he’s a great character, Matt, and he’ll get over it, and I’m sure when he gets over the next few days he’ll get to work on getting himself back right.”

Ding dong the squad are dropping like flies now with a scare that Almerion will not play bloody hell Winter is a few months away then what? the squad is still very thin of players, thanks Mike!!! What happened to Ritchie the other night was disgraceful and without doubt, Choudhury should have seen a red card, off for a Pint see ya.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.